LTT WiMAX

ExpatLibyan wrote:
Mooh wrote:

why in hell dont you guys go socialize and fornicate like normal people do in Libya instead of grawning and moaning like C.S.s do!

Welcome to the forum Mooh. Excellent landing :rolleyes:

Hey LibyanExpat welcome to Libya!

Over the last few days my single has been really crap are they rebuilding the tower?

Sandman6 wrote:

Anyone else getting bollox bandwidth?

It's been crap here in sticksville Janzour since Saturday...:mad:

Same in Noufleen. Saturday, nothing between 10.00-am -2.00. No Skype. Seems OK now, but its up and down like a tarts drawers.

Pages are downloading with Polish trains speed (very slowly I mean), but P2P stuff works really fine.

it's been okay here in salah al din - so far.

So.. got a nice new shiny laptop running Windows 7 (Don't like it). 

1.  It crashes if I unplug my wimax
2.  It connects for 20 seconds, then it's fooked..
3.  Green light is still lit on the modem (ZTETU25)even tho i've disconnected it.
4.  Have tried un/reinstalling software more times than you can shake a stick at.

Any suggestions?

flipfinger wrote:

So.. got a nice new shiny laptop running Windows 7 (Don't like it). 

1.  It crashes if I unplug my wimax
2.  It connects for 20 seconds, then it's fooked..
3.  Green light is still lit on the modem (ZTETU25)even tho i've disconnected it.
4.  Have tried un/reinstalling software more times than you can shake a stick at.

Any suggestions?

The ZTETU25 modem drivers are not compatible with Windows7, LTT didn't bother to update them.
There are convoluted ways of getting it to work but from my experience the best solution is to purchase the Huawei EcholifeMB325 modem (the white dongle) which is much better and works fine with Windows 7.
You can also try to convince LTT to upgrade it for free!
Best to go directly to their Service Centre in Fashlum:
LTT Customer Service Centre
Rgds
EL

Does anyone know which areas have wimax coverage ?

the LTT website calls up a google map of Libya but I can't see any areas marked on it.

Is there a list of towns served anywhere ?

TIA

LibyanJag wrote:

Does anyone know which areas have wimax coverage ?

the LTT website calls up a google map of Libya but I can't see any areas marked on it.

Is there a list of towns served anywhere ?

TIA

On the map you should see green baloons, drill down to your area and you should be able to work out the nearest base station to you:

Wimax Coverage

Thanks EL

sadly the nearest green balloon is about 80km away from me at Benina so it looks as if i'll need to wait a bit longer . . .

btw have you found a source of caramel wafers ?

LibyanJag wrote:

....btw have you found a source of caramel wafers ?

Sadly not in Libya, but I do stock up every visit back to Old Reekie.

This cheered me up though:
Heavenly snack

and this:
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii20 … 03-030.mp4:lol:

Hi everyone,

When I bought the LTT Wimax, I've charged 400LD for the use of 10 months. But I'm wondering that after 10 months can I recharge my balance for the next 10 months or I have to use prepaid card with 10LD/1Gb?
Thanks!

Not sure about this, but, I don't see why not. At the moment it's 40 LYD/Mth for a 15GB usage allowance. I know they automatically take 40 dinar from my account upon my renewal date, I'm guessing that's what would happen each month if you had 400LYD in your account for a 10 month stint also. As long as you don't go over your monthly usage allowance (They will then take 10LYD per 1GB extra used), it should just deduct 40LYD on the same date of each month for renewal.

Hope that makes sense.

I say this, as before it was 10 LYD per 512mb for extra top ups, but the last time I topped up (Oct) I received 1GB for my 10LYD voucher card.

ExpatLibyan wrote:

The ZTETU25 modem drivers are not compatible with Windows7, LTT didn't bother to update them.
There are convoluted ways of getting it to work but from my experience the best solution is to purchase the Huawei EcholifeMB325 modem (the white dongle) which is much better and works fine with Windows 7.
You can also try to convince LTT to upgrade it for free!
Best to go directly to their Service Centre in Fashlum:
LTT Customer Service Centre
Rgds
EL

Cheers muchly, although just had a blokey at work sort it for me... Can't say I'd hold out much hope of LTT upgrading for free tho lol :)

Thanks KES

I'll try to keep at least 40LYD in my account all the time :D

For Janzour area, I have problem since 1 month ago especially thursday eves and fridays are nightmare with wimax. Speed is very low and lots of disconnections.

But for the ones with "Kettle" type Zyxel modems, try downloading and updating new device firmware from ltt.ly. It really helps ;)