Top 10 Expat Websites?

#1 20 September 2007 16:02:03

Top 10 Expat Websites?

Greetings -

I realize this is a rather subjective question but besides www.expat-blog.com are there other "expat" or travel related sites that you utilize for (quality) information...?

I will start with the obvious - http://www.google.com and then depending on search results I extend out from there depending on if I am visiting a place long-term, purchasing property, or moving for good. But, after the google search what sites do you feel offer constructive and unbiased information?

Best,
Mark

#6 26 November 2007 15:57:05

boringkid

Re: Top 10 Expat Websites?

New website has just launched for expats in France and soon in Spain as well box424.com.
It made by some of the same team that founded the popular Expatsradio.com.

Box424.com gives free information and entertainment in radio/audio form. They have a huge range of subjects from legal and financial advice to cookery, gardening and music.

Some programming is downloadable and all of it is free.

They also offer five free listings to each registered member....oh membership is free as well of course.

Have a look

Box424.com

#8 12 September 2010 13:04:20

true-wisdom

i found a website that is quite good and called: Expatriates.com, ut for some reason etisalat has banned certain functionalities and rendered the website unusable.

#9 06 October 2010 15:51:09

Robert7
Robert7
St. Petersburg

The best expat site is right here, for sure. But also you can check out The Expat Directory,and Internations, a worldwide expat face to face meeting group with events at bars, and such activities as cookouts. They probably have a chapter near you!

#13 11 February 2011 09:20:15

ipiorg
ipiorg
Ho Chi Minh City

I have been a long time reader of Expat-Blog.com and would say it has certainly been useful during my travels - thank you Julien and the team!

Whilst living in Singapore SingaporeExpats.com was one of my most popular sites particularly the property pictures section.

Most recently ExpatCareers.com was also bumped to the top of my list due to finding my current job through the site.

#15 12 February 2011 21:35:14

haroonsian
haroonsian
gujranwala

i am a regular reader of expat-blog, there are so many other like expatexchage.net, boomersabroad.com, but i find it more attrative, although the others have better features an more funtionalities, but i think in order to keep those functionalities working and to not exposing directly the expats, they have to take so many precautions which make these sites not friendly or usable in some way to a new or a common user!

#16 16 January 2012 08:42:17

The NGO
The NGO
Warwick

As an earlier poster said, it depends on what country you're in. I soend a lot of time in Laos and there's absolutely nothing out there for that country, but there is a site with quite a few Laos based expats hanging around at orientexpat.com/laos/

#18 04 April 2012 15:54:27

ericwt

Expat blog is my favorite general interest expat site.

For International Business,asset protection, and living an international life, I use..

internationalman.com

Great forum and membership. ;)

Last edited by ericwt (04 April 2012 16:08:41)

#20 07 May 2012 21:05:37

expatriatetaxreturns
expatriatetaxreturns
Bingham Farms

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Tax returns?  That reminds me.  I think I'm supposed to file in the US even though I don't live there.

As long as you are an American Citizen, you will be filing a tax return for the United States. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask :)

Expatriate health insurance
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance.
>> Click here
Expat banking
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Save on your moving costs
Get free quotes from international moving companies. Compare prices and services.
>> Click here