Helle Everyone!

Hello.. My name is Nurizatul Shima from Malaysia.

This is my first time posting here.
I would like to share and also ask advice from all of you of the recent situation im currently facing.

About a month ago, I received a teaching position from a company here in Jakarta. I gladly accepted the offer because my main aim was to gain experience. The company promised me that they would take care of everything ie : visa etc.

So I forked up my savings and bought airline ticket from Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta with hopes of gaining teaching experience. I came in with a tourist visa about a week ago. Unfortunately, on my second day of work, the manager told me to leave with reason that she (the manager) is unable to do my working visa/permit. I felt cheated by the manager. I have given up my savings to pay for the airlines tickets and accommodation. Im left with nothing in my wallet.

I have only about 15 days till my tourist visa expires. I have to leave Jakarta within these 15 days or else God's knows what is going to happen to be.

I am desperately in need of a job. I've lost everything the moment the manager told me that they cant provide the working visa and did not want to held responsible for everything they had promised.

I need advices on what I should do. Please help.

Thank you.

You got to go back to Malaysia and then reapply for a work permit to Indonesia.
That's the best option available to you.

work permit is needed in some countries ,I advice you if there was contract between you and this school you must mention about everything to be in safe side .
and they must give you the cost of travel because you do your best and come to work but they didn't do for you the Visa for that if there are written approval about your coming I think you can ask them official to pay you the cost.

Details.
Name of school.
Subject.
Do you have the paperwork with the job offer?

Hello Nurizatul Shima.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Jakarta forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

hey nurizatul, 1st of all im sorry about the cheat thing from the company.  for my advise next time if theres another company offer u job in another country plz make sure they give u the ticket n theres a written  approval from the company b4 u leave ur country. n u can talk to the company u with now to pay for ur return ticket at least.

if u want to asked me anythin email me on [email protected] maybe can give u lil bit help .

takecare

The name of the school/learning center is Jakarta Language School.
Im supposed to teach English and Mandarin.

The only form of agreement I have was through emails. They promised they would give the full details about the job and paperwork when I arrive here  Jakarta but so far there is non.

I have tried emailing them but no reply also.
:(

Thank you soo much Indriya.. i will email you and hopefully you can give me some advice on what I should do next time.