Sufficient salary?

I am planning to join an university teaching job at Jazan in KSA.
University provided salary structure as below,
LECTURER : SR 5600 (BASIC) + SR 350 (Per year experience up to 5 years)per month + HRA SR 18000 YEARLY + FURNITURE ALLOWANCE SR 9000 Yearly+ TRANSPORTATION SR 500 PER MONTH
Assistant Professor: 6800 SR (Basic)+ SR 400 (Per year Experience up to 5 years) per month+ HRA SR 25000 yearly Furniture allowance SR 12500 +Transportation SR 600 per month
Associate Professor: SR 7300 (Basic)+SR 450 (Per year Experience up to 5 years) per month+ HRA SR 25000 yearly +Furniture Allowance SR 12500 yearly +Transportation SR 600 per month
Professor :SR 10,065 (Basic)+(SR 450 Per year experience up to 5 years) per month +HRA SR 25000   yearly+ Furniture Allowance SR 12500 yearly+ Transportation SR 600 per month

I have some questions:
1. is this salary sufficient to enjoy life there with my family (My wife and children)
2. Do need to clear any specific points before accepting offer.
3. what is cost living there
4. basic salary of 6800SR is ok with KSA university standard.

please let me know, I would be very grateful to you.

Regards
Sonu15985

Hello Sonu15985.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Riaydh forum for more interaction.

In meantime, do not hesitate to browse the other threads on Cost of living in Riyadh.

Thank you,
Aurélie

sonu15985 wrote:

I am planning to join an university teaching job at Jazan in KSA.

I have some questions:
1. is this salary sufficient to enjoy life there with my family (My wife and children)
2. Do need to clear any specific points before accepting offer.
3. what is cost living there
4. basic salary of 6800SR is ok with KSA university standard

Your salary isn't likely to be 6800 SR; the amount will be calculated using 6800 SR + 400 SR for each year of verified experience. Have you provided the employer with verification letters from your previous jobs?  If so, you should receive an offer letter indicating what your actual pay will be. Anyway, without that info, no one can say if you'll be able to manage your monthly costs.  Either way, as Aurélie mentioned, there are forum threads about the cost of living.

I am not clearly got what you want to convey.
If I got slab second i.e
I have almost five years experience
Assistant Professor: 6800 SR (Basic)+ SR 400 (Per year Experience up to 5 years) per month+ HRA SR 25000 yearly Furniture allowance SR 12500 +Transportation SR 600 per month.

Is that ok to work, live with family and save handsome amount?

thanking you

Regards

"handsome amount"? No, you will not save much. In fact you will be under if you send your children to school (you do not say if it is included in the offer).

The university will be responsible for your children education, housing will be made available and as for feeding the highest you can spend a month on shopping is 2500sr, to be sincete wt you, u have a lot to save and live comfortably and after resuming work your money is still going to be more than that, my husband is one and we have freinds that are also very comfortable. Thank   you

Dear mam,
Thank you for you advice, I am honestly wanted to share with you that wife pregnant of two month now, is it good to relocate with her or shall l heave her at home.
Please let me know how is social life there?

Bring your wife along with you, she needs your comfort more than ever, the university is responsible for your healthcare even if you want to use private hospital or government hospital, its sweeter here when you are with your family. Social life not much here except that you have the gardens to go and have a cool evening breeze and enough shopping frenzy. It also depends on you how you want to enjoy yoursef, cos saudi is a strict conservative society, but you can surely go abt with your family. Hope that helps a bit

Dear Mam,
How about my family security concern while I am at university of residence is there inside premises?

Generally everywhere is safe and secure in saudi. Alhamdulillah, u dnt av to bother ursef abt that

Can you please let me give list of things I should make sure from university for trouble free stay there.

I dnt seems to understand that message?

But you can tell or ask frm the university whatever you feel.like bt i know ksa is secured and peaceful

I mean to say what kind of policy matters should I discuss with university people.
such as leave, accomodation etc or any more thing to be made clear?

Feel free to do that, bt i know you have 2months paid leave and eid holiday is still there abt 11 days bt you can still ask the university as that makes it more formal. I hope it helps. My regdz to your wife

Thanks a lot.

I will always grateful to you and hope meet you there.

wish a very happy life and good luck.

Amen and thank you for the prayer

Dear Sonu,
are you joining at the college of business administration? if yes which department is it?