Looking for job-urgent

Dear All,

my name is Dora and I am from Hungary. I am living in Indonesia since September 2012. I applied for a scholarship in Bali, but I got it to Malang (East Java) and I am very unsatisfied with it. I would like to move to Bali and get a job. I was looking for NGOs, but they only have volunteer positions and also at jobstreet, but haven t got any replies yet. I would like to get to Bali as soon as possible. I have very good degrees and a wide range of workexperience, so I could take different kinds of jobs (PR, marketing, tourism, hotel, teaching, etc.) Please give me an advice how I should go on, I am a bit confused now and upset. Thank you for every reply!

Hi Doran and welcome to Expat.com!

I suggest you to post an advert in the section Jobs in Bali, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Dora,

Unless you have very specific expertise or abilities that cannot be found within the local pool of Indonesians looking for jobs, you are going to find it very difficult to find any job on Bali.

Unemployment among the local population is a very serious issue and the manpower office restrictions regarding jobs for foreigners is very tough, particularly on Bali.

Hello

Myself Prabha,i am from India. Right now  i am living in jakarta (Indonesia). I was searching for a job in waste water treatment.I did M.Tceh in environmental Sc & engg. and have 3and half yrs of experience in the same feild.I have applied on jobs DB.com but not successful to getting job yet.

Please help me to give advice for the same.

Thank You

Hi , if you wnat to try get job as teacher in Jakarta our Multinational Foundation looking for several people to work as a teache rin our scholl , feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Do you provide KITAS and work permit.
Other details such as salary would also be handy.

Most jobs teaching English in Indonesia by foreigners are for native English speakers, otherwise there are plenty of qualified Indonesians available for those teaching jobs.

So, Frendy, Fred asks a very good question, “do you provide KITAS and work permit?”

It's highly doubtful that the manpower office would issue a work permit for a non native English speaker to teach English here.

Stick with what you have now and try to be positive about it, while looking for a better one. Looking for a job is not that easy in Indonesia.

The best of luck.

Ubudian wrote:

Unemployment among the local population is a very serious issue and the manpower office restrictions regarding jobs for foreigners is very tough, particularly on Bali.

This is so true. Looking for a job in Indonesia is not easy now. And if you find one, you might not find the salary satisfactory either. So you have to be prepared with this, if you happen to get one in the future.

I dont think Malang is bad. I have known a lot of expats got a pretty good job there, some even moved in Malang for good. The number of expats is not that big compared to Bali or Surabaya, so I guess the competition of finding job for expats isn't that high. But of course, you never know... Teaching English jobs are usually for native speakers. I know some non-native English speakers have very developed skill of English, but still worldwide English language centers, like EF, put native speakers in priority.

Keep on searching, and think positively ... things dont always work out the way want them to. Good luck...