Do motorbike dealers offer proxy "service" for expats buying new bike?

Hi everyone,

I want to buy a new Yamaha Exciter at an official yamaha dealer in SG, but I have no "proxy" (a vietnamese to buy the bike for me).
So my question is, do the dealer offer that option?
How does the transfer of ownership works?
Where do we subscribe insurance for bike? and how much is it?

Bonus question:
Does anyone has an opinion on the yamaha Exciter R motorbike? is it good? Will it get stolen?? more police arrest? (i actually have a honda dream, no police arrest in 8 months)

Thanks all!
T.

Because of the fact that you have to take the motobike to the police station to register it I don't think they would do it.
My girlfriend bought my first bike for me.

Nothing ever gets stolen, until it gets stolen. :P
Means there is no way to predict that. I have a Honda SH-150 and never had a problem, my friend used to drive a Wave but his got stolen

Thieves look for the easiest, lowest risk opportunity to steal anything. Don't think the make or model of the bike has much to do with it.

I bought a used Yamaha Nuovo last year. The ownership card was unchanged from the original owner.  No telling how many transactions had taken place.

Was hit by a wrong way driver the third time driving it (only I was damaged). Took quite a loss selling it due to the ownership card and the seller being obviously very different people.  So be warned.

thanks for the answers but it really went off topics, the thieve part was just a tiny part of the post :p

What about insurance?

I don't think the dealers do it anymore. Insurance can be bought at just about any gas station and if I remember correctly it is only about 40,000 vnd. Also from what I understand you can now get a motorbike registered in your name.

Expats can register bikes in their own name. You need to have a temp residency card with at least two years left on it I think.
The number plate shows with NN in it.
There is a nother thread on here about it... I'll see if I can find it in a while.

Thanks people.
I know you can register to your name, but i don't my resident card yet (not for another few months actually), and I don't want to wait until then.
I guess I'll ask friends to do it for me.

hmm as I see you should not buy new one due to expensive, you can buy the used one in good condition with any name like your gf, your wife...the used one often with 1/2 price or 2/3 of new price.

For yamaha exciter, have you ever used ambrayage bike ? it`s tough to use as i see, the new exciter is around 3k usd, with that money you can have many options here.
local racer guy on the street...

I would like to buy a new one, I don't mind spending the extra money. I am used to manual so no problem.

Another question, maybe someone knows: is it possible to register a bike under a company? (mine)

tly wrote:

I would like to buy a new one, I don't mind spending the extra money. I am used to manual so no problem.

Another question, maybe someone knows: is it possible to register a bike under a company? (mine)

i think you cen register your bike with your company...

Do you like CBR style ? I`m using this one, it good as well...better yamaha exciter

in additional, there is no news for CBR stolen...but for many usual bikes in this city. When you are on the road, CBR often be unique :D

What kind of motorbike are you referring? Do you have a link? Is it the same price range as the exciter?
Thanks!

tly wrote:

What kind of motorbike are you referring? Do you have a link? Is it the same price range as the exciter?
Thanks!

This one is CBR
http://www.consumercourt.in/attachments/bike/8505d1346756282-honda-cbr-150r-honda-cbr-150r.jpg

The price is 6k USD for new one CBR 150cc, it`s much more expensive for 250cc.