Irish Moving to Perth

Hi,

I am looking for information on living and working in Perth with a baby.

I am an accounts assistant and my partner is a painter and decorator. We have a 15month old baby boy.

We are looking to move to a quiet area close enough to a beach.

I am wondering is it expensive, or hard to get a sponsor as my patrner is over 30 and will only qualify for a 3month holiday visa. I will need to get a sponsor in order to bring him over with me.

Also are creche fee's atc expensive and what is the quality of life like (anything is better then here).

Hello ChristineM2013.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Perth forum.

Do not hesitate to go through the other threads on the Perth forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Cost of living is expensive in Australia as are taxes.
Try this website tom give yiou an idea of costs.
www.numbeo.com.

You will need a sponsor  before you can get a job. The Australian Embassy in UK / Ireland is the best place to start looking as to whether you qualify for a visA. I know there are many Irish folk here working in West Australia and the hospitality industry has a lot of them.

It is hard to get a visa and the process is time consuming.

ChristineM2013 wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for information on living and working in Perth with a baby.

I am an accounts assistant and my partner is a painter and decorator. We have a 15month old baby boy.

We are looking to move to a quiet area close enough to a beach.

I am wondering is it expensive, or hard to get a sponsor as my patrner is over 30 and will only qualify for a 3month holiday visa. I will need to get a sponsor in order to bring him over with me.

Also are creche fee's atc expensive and what is the quality of life like (anything is better then here).

Perth is expensive because of the mines here,, but its stupid as not every 1 works in the mines,, wen u guys come here tehn ur bf can look for a sponser ,, im only here a few days and it seems to be quite difficuly to get a good job here,, ive been in ozz over 5 years dho

Hi Cristine

How did you find Perth? I am an accountant from Ireland too and I have been living in Australia for the past 2 years. I moved to Perth this week and I wondered how is the market for us here. I applied to various jobs but nothing yet. Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks