Arrived in Malaysia on a 2 year contract for KVMRT project

Hi All!
I am from India and arrived in Malaysia on a 2 year contract. I will be working in KVMRT project. My all in salary is 9K RM. Accomodation and fooding is on me. Taxes as well. I intend to bring my family (wife and 7 months old kid) here. Will that be a wise decision to bring them here? I mean cost of living and rents seem to be rising everyday.
I will be working in Bandar Tun Hussein Onn area. How much would it cost me if I rent a mid range house? My company is providing me a car.
I would like to save some money and I know that with family living with me, savings might not be that much. But I really want them to come over..!
Guys pls help me on the costs of living in above mentioned area.
I am putting up at a hotel right now (reimbursable by the company later) but need to find an accomodation asap (if possible within a week)
Please let me know if you need more details from me.
Thanks in advance..!

Hi

Please contact the below. she is very helpful and have helped alot of my Expats

(moderated: no free ads please)

Regards
Geri Buck

nice way to advertise

sorry I am not making a cent from this... just being helpful

Guys.. Your inputs regarding helping me to make my decision to bring my family in KL will be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance..!

It is a catch 22 situation. In order to bring your family down, you will need to pay for the dependent visa. Is your company willing to do that. Secondly,it all depends on your house rental and the utilities. After that it is the food and entertainment. It will be a great adventure for them to have this privilege to see and live in Malaysia.

Any ideas about how much advance/security deposit would a house owner generally ask for?
And can I rent on visit visa? My entry visa has not been yet converted to employment visa.
Thanks in advance..!

I always had to pay 2 months rent as deposit. Don't worry about the visa, i don't see how any condo owner could turn down the opportunity to rent out their condo as long as you're willing to pay whatever rent they are asking (and the deposit).

Thanks Farm for sharing your experience regarding the deposit.
Anyways I will try to get my visa at the earliest to avoid any hiccups..!
Cheers..!