From Canada

Good day,

I am a 30 year old male from Atlantic Canada. I am trying to convince myself to take a financial controller position for a mining company in Lubumbashi. I am a little skeptical  about the whole situation. The company is a well known Canadian company that I trust. But I am a little scared about the move. To make matters worse I see mainly negative in the news regarding the area. Could somebody please give me some reassurance on this?

Jacques

Hi Jacques!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Thank you Armand,
I am a little hesitant and would really like the experience. However I do have some safety concerns about lubumbashi.

Jacques

hey Jacques.
Lubumbashi is the a safe city in Congo.life is not bad there even if there's this time a kind of attacks in the surrounding areas by the mai mai militia but nothing scaring.
I would like to tell you more if your questions were specific and clear.

hope this will help you
:)

Hi guys
If you listen to all the rumours, you will never come to the DRC! It is a beautiful Country with so much to offer, if people will just make use of the possibilities.  Yes, there is rebel and mai-mai activities in certain places and even in some areas of Lubumbashi.  But it is no more dangerous than any big city in the rest of the World where you also get muggings, rape, drive-by shooting...which does not even happen here!  If you come to Lubumbashi, please let me know.  I can arrange very nice, affordable accommodation, pick-up from the airport, recommend restaurants and areas to visit and take you around :)

hi

nice to know about your place , I have got offer in your city ,but my people not so sure about the safety here.
I read of the attacks by mai mail militea ,so was concerned.what is the status of such attacks in the current day?

whats your profession here?

thanks for the update.

shree

Hi I am planning to visit lumumbashi
pls do let me know ir contact so that I can be in touch with you

thnks
David