Dogs in Bucuresti

Hi

i'm considering moving to Bucarest this fall.

I have a beautiful dog, a Britanny Spaniel, (medium size kind of dog), and of course, i wanna move with her.

Thing is, i don't know if appart owners would allow me with the dog. and what about rabies?

Is there a dog park ? are people "dog friendly"?

Thanks for all

streets dogs? My sweet dog isn't friendly with hobos :-p

It is hard finding a dog-friendly apartment, but it is not impossible. Rabies - you will have to have an EU passport for your dog before entering the country so your dog will have had the rabies vax. Stray dogs are aplenty in Bucharest.

we have some parks with dedicated spots for dogs but the rule is not neccesarily followed. i am sure you will not have a problem moving with your dog here as many Romanian people are dog lovers.

Bringing a dog in shouldn't be a problem, just follow the procedures and its probably as simple as that.

There are parks with dedicated places for dogs, the park near to where we live is being renovated, and will have a proper dog park within it.

However stray dogs are a huge problem here in Bucharest, the dam things are everywhere, every now and again they come along to take some away, but i dont think they will ever fix this problem, for the most part they are harmless, but its certainly not uncommon to find the odd nasty one, and packs of stray dogs can certainly be nasty towards other dogs.

I used to work in a park in sector 6 as a head gardener, and i witnessed all sorts of stray dogs, as i say mostly they were harmless, but we did witness a few bad dogs, these were taken away eventually, and presumably put down. More recently than that there was a high profile case of a young boy being attacked and killed by a stray, after which the government finnaly decided to have a crack down, but this seems to have now died down and it seems as they they are not bothering much again now, as i say though, the amount of strays is ridculous and its probably just not possible to get rid of them all.

Romanians certainly do seem to be dog lovers though, even down to the stupid people who feed these stray dogs.