Whats the best way to search for property?

I have done a lot of searching and looking at property on line. Its seems that property listed on web sites is rather pricey. I heard from someone a long time ago to go in person into a loacal bank and ask to look at Foreclosures. They said the prices are pretty good. Or do you try to use an agent?  Anyone have a suggestion to whats the best way to search is?

Thanks duder

hi my friend,the best thing to do is research the region that you like,luzon,visayas or mindanao,then if you could try to visit the city or town your interested,then find a trustworthy Pilipino(a),and look around youll be surprise as what you may find,my advice is for cheaper price try visayas and mindanao,as luzon is more pricier.Philippines is full with lots of beautiful places,it depends your activities and likings.Also if you prefer to be close to native people or foriengers.it quite defferent searching for a house or bussiness,besides get to know the Philippines laws before you agree on anything,just use common sense and youll be ok,good luck my friend,hope you keep in touch,greetings from nyc.

[Moderated]

I am just trying to get info on what people have done and there experiences to decide what the best way is.

It is the best way for an investment rather than renting it

my personal opion is that its easier and better to rent,unles you plan to live in the Philippines?

My wife is from Pangasinan, so we would likely buy.  I did find a pretty good link to finding property, not sure I can post it here, myproperty.ph
I guess she can send her family out to look, but was hoping for a easier way to look.

[Moderated]

THe foreclosed properties are still pricey. Let me know your requirements and I will connect you with a reliable realtor.

Pinaymentor

[Moderated]

Its best if you wait til you get there rent a place then with patience and open mind look for the place most suitable to your tasteand budget etc,good luck and hope you can be happy.

Best place for foreclosed properties are bank websites. They have their own lists there. The next step is to visit the place to know what you'll be getting. Don't be put off by the list price. They are usually negotiablespecially if they have been sitting for a long time.