Visiting the Cook Islands in February 2014

Kia Orana. What a great site we have here. We joined today, we are Buzby and Shirley and though originally from the UK we now live in Spain. We are 50+ going on 16 and those damn itchy feet of ours have led us to buying a Round the World Air ticket and we begin our journey on 18th June this year by flying to India. Folowing that we catch a 30 hour train to Neepal, then fly to Hanoi where we make our way overland to Malaysia via Vietnam, Cambodia andd Thailand. From Singapore we fly to Indonesia, then to Australia where we will be spending 2 months helping our friends with their Sheep shearing (Oh yes, in Cambodia we will be helping at our friends Charity School) before heading to New Zealand. Our ticket gave us the choice of Tahiti, Fiji, or the Cook Islands. Though we knew a little about the first two  we knew nothing about the Cook Islands but because of the Internet we are finding out it is a lovely place. We are coming for two weeks in February (In time for Valentines day... all say Aaaaaah!) and would value anyones input on things to do and see, food etc. but, most importantly a nice place to stay. We are not Luxury travellers and really just require a clean bed, a shower and a plug-socket. Our profile shows more about who we are. I spent 20 years in the RAF and 9 years in the Police, Shirley spent many years in Hospital Administration. We Thank you in advance. Shirl and Buz, Really looking forward to our visit

hello

very nice meet lovely people as you here.

i m fireman i think these days come south korea then cook islands.
i dont know much about this country but i hope get share informations abou life there as rent....

take great day.

Have friends who have lagoon breeze villas rarotonga...hope to there in 2014 ourselves

We are currently in Nha Trang Vietnam. making ur way over towards The Cook Islands, Then the USA. We will check out the Villas you mention, thanks for that and good travelling. John and Shirley.

Checked it out online, out of our league and sorry to say not the best of write-ups.

When you come to Cooks and have 2 weeks I would spend 3-4 days in Rarotonga and 10 days in Aitutaki. Aitutaki dont have so many things to do but the beautifulness and the pace leaves plenty to do in the 10 days.
On Aitutaki I would recomend Ginas Gardens
http://www.ginasaitutakidesire.com/
E:mail [email protected]

Tell them Magnus sent you :-)

Reason I recomend is the following:
1. Good price.
2. Lovely hosts
3. Your not on the beach, you do not want to be on the beach in February due to cyclone season. This is in the middle of the island on good elevation away from big waves and storms (just in case).
4. It is good value for money.
5. The garden is size of soccer field and you can eat what you want from the about 20 fruits they have. Only that is a experiance.