190 or 489 visa for teaching

Hello everyone! I'm trying to move to Australia , but I have no idea where to start. I have 6 years if teaching in experience in two different countries. I'll be state certified to teach in America in may. I took this assessment  test and it said I could get either a 190 or 489 visa.

Do I need to be nominated for those? If so, how do I do that? Also, if I have to show up, how hard is it to get a job in the public schools? I would rather not work at a language school.

I'm looking to move to Brisbane. Any info will be helpful!

I am Ravi Kumar from india & my profession is Electrical Engineer in maintenance and site as well as Industries.(Distribution ,Transmission & Generation )
Recently i received positive result from RDA Orana for regional sponsorship and asked me to apply for SR 489 visa. Can you please suggest me any jobs  related to my Profession.How to find jobs immediately after landing in NSW?. Do i have any opportunities in
Apprenticeships/trainee ships?

Hi Ravi,

It's a bit difficult for you, because first of all yours is a 489 visa which means you are not entitled for any benefits like medicare, correct me if i'am wrong. You are related to electrical field, which means to get into the Australian market in that arena, you have to do a course & certification in that field to meet the requirements of Australian job market. Finding a job as soon as you land in NSW is very difficult and can't say impossible too, never know when you might be lucky. But the fact is finding a job seems to be very difficult in any state of Australia. check SEEK.COM.AU for jobs in your arena and you will have a fair idea what the employer is asking and what the requirements are.

You can reach me on [email protected] if you need more info.

Good Luck Mate,

Cheers !