Difficult times but happy spirit

hello.
   I am an irish woman living in Athens for 3 years now. I had a very good job but recently lost it. I am looking now for work since December and have not had any luck, so far. Was just wondering how things are for the rest of my fellow ex-pats?? I feel confident that something will change soon but am starting to become a little worried. Anyway, just rambling thoughts really. I guess I was looking for someone to offer me a job in the Horeca industry of any kind, thanks for your response in advance.
            Best Regards,
                    Elizabeth Ann Linehan

I'm from northern ireland. where abouts in athens are you? its great to see an irish lady on here.

its hard to get jobs nowadays everywhere. what was your occupation before?

keep your chin up youll find something.

i hope to look for work in a few months. Im optimistic but i know that it is extremely difficult here.

lets hope the luck of the irish is on our side :)

Yeah it is hard and I feel for you. Me too I am currently out of work and yes me too I am just starting to get worried... I am a chef so I work in HORECA too.:|

hello,
    thanks replying to my post, yes it is difficult and I wish you the best of luck, I have found a job for the summer on the island of serifos but, that is only for 5 months then I will be back in the same position, at least I will work for these months. I feel very lucky for this! have you looked into a summer job for chefs on the islands , I know there are some going, best of luck to you too!
                   best wishes, eliza

hi,
  yes it is difficult to find jobs. I found a summer job now so I am lucky. oh I am from tramore, Waterford. I think it will be easy to find a job in the summer , its after the summer that you find yourself in dire straits again!! good luck to you passion44

hi iam george !!
i come from greece.
i have not to propose you a job,
i would like to exchange service.if you interesting send me a message,.
i think to go in london.and i would like to work my english skills
.i can teach you music,or kung fu.for your english.