Help 457 visa question.

Hi,

My partner and I have just moved to NZ on the WHV after completing 2 years in OZ on the WHV.

My partner has now been offered a job in OZ and the company are willing to sponsor us.

My question is should we apply from NZ? If we do this, when can we travel back to OZ? Assuming everything goes trough fine are we put on a bridging visa? Would this be sufficient to travel back to OZ.

or should we travel back to OZ on a holiday visa and then submit our application. If we do this again assuming everything goes trough fine are we put on a bridging visa?

If we are put on a bridging visa can we begin working or must we wait until the 457 Visa has been issued or granted.

Any advise on this would be  appreciated.

Hello rkava.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be helped by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

You will be best to be in NZ whilst the 457 visa is being processed.
You cannot work on a bridging visa.

Hi my name is Oliver . I am a Christian Cathaloic. I have experience of Office work and i have also worked in Missionaries school like Dominican Convent School. My family situation is not well so i want a help that somebody help me of my job and hire me out of the country. I will give all his, her money. thanks

I will be happy if you process my  visa and call me on  my  phone #
+231 880549660 or 0776756758

Tthanks
Dominic Dahn

Best all of you who are looking to get out of your respective countries is to look online at the govt websites of what ever country you wish to emigrate to.

There is a process you must go through to get a visa.It is not as simple as contacting someone and getting a visa.

You must have the correct qualifications and experience before you will even be considered for a visa.

Unemployment means that countries will not give out visas unless a local person cannot be found to fill the position.

Hi Stumpy is it possible to obtain a visa personally when your on the skills list, I have rang many visa companys and they are looking for thousands from me

There is no easy or quick way to get a 457 visa. 

A South African friend came to Australia and tried to get his visa and a job whilst here. After 6 months and running out of money he went home. He had a profession which was on the skills list.

Check with the Govt website to find out if you can get the visa whilst you are home, working and earning money.

Legally, you have to have job offer from an Australia company first before applying for the 457 visa. You'll need a sponsor to help you process your visa application with IMMI. Immigration agent usually charge $2000-$3000 up front or as a recruiter they'll take a percentage of your salary.

Faking employment is illegal and can get both candidate and sponsor in big trouble. It also very costly.

Cheers,
Scott.