Northern Luzon?

CHEMTRAILS wrote:

The possible cons of Azores (with some people) may be:

- Expensive to get to, may cost about $1000 roundtrip
- Too "cold" in summer, or rather not enough heat as it rarely gets over 25C
- No sandy beaches
- Local government keeps it a secret and low profile to preserve the traditional way of life
- Perhaps some people are scared of a dormant volcano?
- Scared of earthquakes, which almost never happen here
- Not enough shopping and eat out opportunities and places
- Too far away from the mainland, a 2 hour flight to Lisbon and a 4 hour flight to Boston (so is Hawaii)
- Not hot enough? Did I mention, not hot enough and no sandy beaches? Oh, I did... :-) So is Bogota, Colombia :-)
- People think this is Atlantis and it may sink again?
- You name the rest of reasons

There are expats here, but Pico island has 15T inhabitants, while São Miguel has over 130T inhabitants

I maintain that if International Living does not have one of their "journalists" there, there must be no land for sale, cannot convince people the climate, with no beaches, is the only selling point.  Sounds like a nice winter R&R, but 24/7 365 sounds like too much.

I'm glad that Pico island is not overrun by tourists and expats, it would become yet another soulless place if it were. I am restoring a traditional house and keep it in traditional style. Northern Luzon sounds like a great place to live, but I hope it does not become yet another Thailand. Sex industry does not attract me, it destroys the soul of the place. Satanists need to stick to Thailand.

CHEMTRAILS wrote:

I'm glad that Pico island is not overrun by tourists and expats, it would become yet another soulless place if it were. I am restoring a traditional house and keep it in traditional style. Northern Luzon sounds like a great place to live, but I hope it does not become yet another Thailand. Sex industry does not attract me, it destroys the soul of the place. Satanists need to stick to Thailand.

Last trip I saw no other Americans all 3 weeks in the province.
Most of the sex trade is in Manila or close to the old USA military bases.
Good luck in keeping your secret.

Hello   I am Living In Pasig City  One Thousand Dollars A Month--- I Am Happy---But i dont do anything special

Hi Duder,

Just to give you a piece of advice, since i came from the north as well and studied in Baguio, I will pick La Union or Baguio for you. La Union and Baguio can offer low cost of living but there's a lot of good places there. secondly is if you are planning to purchase a lot, there a lot of vacant land for sale in La union for a cheaper price.

[Moderated by Team : No free publicity on the forum please register your services in the Business directory ]

Hi Charlie,

Is the telephone number you posted still good. I have been to the Phil. 5 times, Manila south on Luzon and Leyte. My last trip, last October, was to Mabalacat City, Pampanga- close to Angeles. I have a lady there and did not like Mabalacat much. Much crime, air pollution, etc., hot and humid in summer. I'd like to learn more about the province of La Union and Bauang. Can you help me understand what it is like there?

Bill

Hi Duder,  I am from Lingayen, Pangasinan but currently living in Vancouver, BC Canada been here almost all my life.  La Union and San Fabian area is nice....I pass through when I visit Baguio. Pangasinan is a nice place... I love Baguio but its really hard to get to when a natural disaster occurs.  I hope you found a place.  Where in Pangasinan are you guys settling?  I am slowly moving from Vancouver, BC Canada back to my family home in Lingayen. I hope to keep in touch and meet you and your wife.  Pangasinan is an awesome place, there are lots of natural resources and farming, fishing, etc. its perfect.  (buying and selling rice seems to be a lucrative business) and raising farm animals too.  I am a farm girl but my husband is a city slicker (born and raised in Vancouver) so he has to have the essential luxury. Cost of living is not bad compared to Manila.  Its a better atmosphere in Pangasinan. I am fortunate that my husband likes seafood because when we are there I don't have to worry about his meals everything is there at CSI Dagupan or the SM or Robinson's Stores.