Protein powder

Hi all,

I am living in Vietnam, and well-known the products here are often fake. My question is where can I buy protein (soy) powder with reliable and good quality.

Thanks,
Kim

There are GNC locations. There's a GNC in Thao Dien. Ah here's the list.

Ho Chi Minh City

171 Dong Khoi, Vincom Center A, Q1, HCMC
29 Thao Dien, An Phu, Q2, HCMC
19 Han Thuyen, Q1, HCMC
394 Hai Ba Trung, Tan Dinh, Q1, HCMC
113 Nguyen Duc Canh, Phu My Hung, Q7, HCMC
182 Ba Thang Hai, Q10, HCMC
20 Cong Hoa, PICO Plaza, Tan Binh, HCMC

http://gnc-livewell.com.vn/home/our-stores/

Also Herbalife is here and has protein powder.

On a side note, I stopped drinking protein shakes a long time ago. I found I eat enough protein in my diet to sustain what I personally need.
Also, a friend of mine that exercises and lifts regularly, he swears by egg whites and tofu for protein.

Wow, thanks a lot, for the suggestion too!
I know, and I dont want to base my everydays on the protein shake but you know sometimes I dont have opportunity to eat normally so I just want to drink it occassionally.

Since the OP mentions soy specifically, I wonder she uses as protein replacement because of being a vegetarian.

If it is the case, protein powder in GNC may not be the right use since they, more often than not, are made from whey. Herbalife protein products also made partly from whey.

I agree with the tofu recommendation. It can be bought in most supermarkets. I also get my protein from some specialized rice which contains a lot protein naturally. In addition, beans are also good replacement.

Could someone please share which brand of TOFU is safe enough to consume here, from Supermarkets? Thanks..

Did not pay attention to specific brands, since I see only the same couple of brands everywhere, so I assume they are reliable. I remember that some are produced from joint ventures with the Japanese.

Otherwise, I also often buy hand-made tofu in the VGFood store in Hai Ba Trung. They are popular and are sold out fast so one has to be there very early in the morning.

I see my boss is using that.
Is it the same with what ur looking for?
http://www.thucphamdinhduong.com.vn/san … y-protein/

Thank you for the answers:) Actually I was also confused about the tofu

The tofu in supermarket is clean & safe. But it doesnt taste good

You can buy 100 percent Whey powder protein  imported from USA at Luke's Pharmacy located at Cresent Mall in district 7. Prices are under  1 million dongs for  about 2 lbs. weight

In normal vietnamese supermarkets you can find soybean powder. it containts a lot of protein.

I would love to be able to find a protein powder I can normally get in the US or Canada. I have yet to check out GNC as I know they are such rip offs. Is there any other places that sell good protein. And by good I mean the taste and can mix well. I've tried cheap stuff and can not stomach it.

Try Luke's Pharmacy in Phu My hung the Crescent.  They sell protein powder imported from States. At least that's what the label says..

Sweet! I'll try Luke's pharmacy. I'm going there  tomorrow. Thank you

Just to add on, I found out today the Guardian Pharmacy in Crescent Mall is having special offers and Protein Powder is an item included. Do check it out too..

I saw the pharmacy had some. A big jug and whole lot of $$$. I went yesterday and no sale. Now my only concern is how real or fake is protein circling around. Been doing some reading up on how there is a lot o protein shops sell fake protein. I bought some from phuong ha. District one. Now I'm kind of regretting it and wonder. Though the shop owner was nice and gave me a little discount I'm unsure if I got the deal out I this. Hmmm... But thanks for updating.

if I was in Vietnam I can tell if it's fake or not. If I gain lots of weight in short amount of time it's real.

Did they sell Elite Fusion 7 at Luke's pharmacy?

guys.. look around... someone suggested going to the pharmacy at Crescent Mall to get 2 pounds of whey protein for just under 1 million dong... yiiikes! A mate of mine got 15 pounds for about 2 million. Find a site or company that allows you to track or check if the product is legit... although that may still be able to be fiddled by those inclined to do so.

STEPS TO VERIFY GENUINE SUPPLEMENTS IN VIETNAM

1.  Country Authorised Distributor

•  Check Main Distributor: http://www.optimumnutrition.com/retailers.php or http://bsnonline.net/locators/international.html
•  Check Authorised Importer: It will be Starlite International Group or BOCCI Vietnam in this case.

Message from Optimum Nutrition:

"Only listed companies here (click here in Vietnam Section) are eligible to import Optimum Nutrition products into Vietnam.

Each product will have an SMS Digital Anti-Counterfeit Stamp issued by BOCCI Vietnam.

We cannot guarantee the authenticity of purchased products from other unauthorised companies."

2.  Source of Purchase

Should purchase all products from only BOCCI's authorised distributors or from BOCCI's stores.

3.  Check SMS Digital Anti-Counterfeit Stamp (SAC Stamp)

• There is an SAC Stamp in each product that is imported by BOCCI Vietnam

• Scrape silver coating to receive Security Codes

• Then use your mobile and prepare: DAC Security-Codes and send to 8099

• If it is a genuine product, you will receive a verification by sms

Picture of real SAC Stamp

4.  Check LOT# & Expiry Date

Check LOT # & Expiry Date on the neck of the jar. Report to us for verification if necessary.

5.  Check The Seller

I just put in an order for Optimum Whey Gold Protein yesterday at bodybuilding dot vn.

why yikes? I ordered 2lbs of Optimum Gold Protein for 815,000 dong. In Canada they would cost about $50 with the 13% tax so works out to around 850,000 dongs.

Do you really want to cheap out on supplements that affects your health?

redgeperrin wrote:

guys.. look around... someone suggested going to the pharmacy at Crescent Mall to get 2 pounds of whey protein for just under 1 million dong... yiiikes! A mate of mine got 15 pounds for about 2 million. Find a site or company that allows you to track or check if the product is legit... although that may still be able to be fiddled by those inclined to do so.

HI

i am hazel from Melbourne and would like to export some of my products of protein powder to HCM city . Do you know anyone who has the shop to sales this kinds of products ?
thanks
hazel

Q: you aren't into bodybuilding, are you?

There have been huge scandals regarding amino spiking

Why not boil eggs and use the white? Drink milk, it has about 4%, too.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct