Strange Status for visa

My company in Bahrain applied visa on 3rd February. Today I checked from lmra it shows "Expired Employment Visa". I've never been to Bahrain before. What does that mean? Whether it has been rejrected or what? My full name is Salman Hussain. What are the possible remedies to this?

I would speak to your company and ask them to investigate for you. There could be a number of reasons but your company should be able to find out for you why

It feels like your visa is still under process. The status of my application was not updated immediately but I got the confirmation from my employer before my visa status was updated on the system. Your employer should notify you when the application for your visa is approved or rejected. Sometimes getting the results of the visa application can take a while. Write to your employer about your status and don't worry until you hear back from them.

Keep us in the loop with the outcome.

yeah, I already told my employer. They will get back to me may be in a day or so. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for replying.

No worries. Keep us posted, but I don't think anything major is wrong with your application.

The issue has been taken up to the Country Head. The HR said that they are contenously following up. May be they will be able to resove this. Let's see. The issue was the last name "Hussain". :(

Good luck and please let us know how you get on. My surname is Murphy but I'm not Irish. My birth names was Jones but I'm not Welsh. People should look more deeply into a person and not judge them by their name!!

I will be keeping you posted. You are absolutely right Murphy. I don't understand how can we judge people by their names only? It's quite frustrating and disturbing.

Besides, no matter what happens, I really appreciate the way you guys have extended your moral support to me.

Much obliged!

Dear Brother,

I am facing same situation currently.
Please tell me what to do now in such a case,

Sometimes if there are serious mistakes on the visa application the employer will cancel it and try again with a new application. Asking on here unfortunately will not give you answers, only place that can do that is your prospective employer

After any rejection from immigration department on your application ,  any minor mistake in your application like document scan quality , size , resolution , active address .
LMRA's System always showing "Expired Employment Visa"   :huh:  ..
(BUT : companies have separate user name and password on LMRA portal to read rejection comments or why they sent back the application

sensitive wrote:

My company in Bahrain applied visa on 3rd February. Today I checked from lmra it shows :| "Expired Employment Visa:| . I've never been to Bahrain before. What does that mean? Whether it has been rejrected or what? My full name is Salman Hussain. What are the possible remedies to this?

Dear this "Legal Status -
Expired Employment Visa" issue was due to your last name or there is something else went wrong... Coz I m also facing same my name is rashid Hussain and I m a Sunni but today when i checked the status shows
Expired Employment Visa

Plz share if u have any info regarfing the solution of this issue

dear Rash15,

Please contact your potential employer. Only they will have the info regarding the same.

T&R

Thenx,
I have contacted them.. They replied that they will reapply and also asked me if possible then change your last name "Hussain". I m not getting the logic behind it...
Let see

Why they don't issue visa to those ppl who have name with Ali Hasan or Hussain... Are all of them terrorist

Rash15 wrote:

Why they don't issue visa to those ppl who have name with Ali Hasan or Hussain... Are all of them terrorist

There can be a number of reasons why an application for employment visa gets rejected.

1) Your employer has reached the quota for expatriate employees and is not eligible for more.
2) There are qualified and experienced local staff available for the job you have applied for.
3) Your qualification and experience is not adequate for the job you have applied for, in the opinion of the issuing authority.

Visas are not rejected just because you have a particular name. I know tens of people named Ali, Hassan and Hussain who have proper jobs and visas in Bahrain.

You have to check with your employer. Some employers do not tell the truth and simply use this name issue as an excuse when they are not able to get the visa as promised - which leaves me thinking, do you really want to work for an employer that is not truthful!

Thank bro may be you are right...
Lets see what will happen, when they applied for 2nd time... Coz they are going to refile my visa application..

Hope the second application works out. One of our Forum regulars went through a similar ordeal, and finally got his visa after a few attempts. So there is hope.

Best wishes Rash15.

My company in Bahrain applied visa on 1st September. Today I checked from lmra it shows  :| "Expired Employment Visa"  :| . I've never been to Bahrain before. What does that mean? Whether it has been rejrected or what? My full name is Asha Anselam. What are the possible remedies to this?

Hi,

Kindly read the above replies again, there could be several reason why it in that status, only your potential employer may get to know the reason WHY and he may have to re-apply.

T&R

:/  This happens if application got rejected by LMRA due to any reason
like something wrong with the application,  forgot to upload required documents, spelling mistakes.