IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Inquirer wrote:

Dear HRGuru,

I've been following your posts and I learned so many things from you. Thank you for your efforts and help to many people.May you be blessed always. My appreciations also to all other good contributors.

I'd like to inquire regarding transfer of sponsorship.

My company is in yellow category and I've been given a demand letter from another company which is also in yellow category with a convincing explanation that they will be green in 2 months time.
1. Can my present company give me release papers (should they agree to release me) and it's not their concern whether the other company is in yellow category or not?
2. If my papers will be handed over to other company but still can't officially transfer my iqama before the Nov 3 deadline, will it pose problem to me even they will give me their company letter stating that are processing my transfer?

Hope you can enlighten me about this. Thanks.

Dear Inquirer,

Thank you for the kind words. Regarding your query, please find below my comments.

First off let me give you the normal rules : Any employee must complete 2 yrs with his current sponsor before transferring. Transfer from Yellow to Yellow is not possible, they need to be in green. So if they become green yes you can transfer.

Under the grace period : I believe the 2 yr rule is suspended as of now in the grace period to correct the situation of the people. Yet again I would not advise transfer to yellow company since there are 50-50 chances on it becoming either green or red. If they become green and transfer you during the grace period its fine, if not you will end up in the same situation as you  are now - still in yellow company.

So my advice is to wait for the transfer, for a month more to see how the new company is progressing with the nitaqat , if they are moving towards green then go for it, if not look for another job.

Hope this helps.

Dear HRGuru,

Your wisdom is truly amazing. I really appreciate it especially when you said about 50-50 chances.Thank you so much for this enlightenment as I was contemplating very hard before on the risk involved versus the lucrative offer. I know now what to do.     

God bless you more.Ramadan greetings!

Hi..I'm an cost and management accountant from UK... that is cima qualified...I am currently working in jeddah as an assistant manager but my profession is general tailor..I have got my cima certificate attested from all the relevant authorities in uk . My problem is I dont have a bachelor's degree...I just have a professional qualification like Acca..or CA.. so will I be able to change my profession? Or will I face any problems? Is bachelors a must?

Inquirer wrote:

Dear HRGuru,

Your wisdom is truly amazing. I really appreciate it especially when you said about 50-50 chances.Thank you so much for this enlightenment as I was contemplating very hard before on the risk involved versus the lucrative offer. I know now what to do.     

God bless you more.Ramadan greetings!

You are welcome and glad to be of assistance.

nitaali wrote:

Hi..I'm an cost and management accountant from UK... that is cima qualified...I am currently working in jeddah as an assistant manager but my profession is general tailor..I have got my cima certificate attested from all the relevant authorities in uk . My problem is I dont have a bachelor's degree...I just have a professional qualification like Acca..or CA.. so will I be able to change my profession? Or will I face any problems? Is bachelors a must?

If the professional certification is attested from Saudi Embassy, from the country you have done the course then its ok you can change the profession.  Under the current grace period you can change the profession without certificate and without the fees, so avail this opportunity now.

Dear Sir,
I would like to take your help that i want to change the profession in my Iqama and I have my certificate with the attestation of foreign ministry in Pakistan not attested from saudi embassy. Can I change my profession in Iqama as my current profession is Tile meson and I want to change it as a General Surveyor.
Thanks

Assalamu Alaikum,

Before I was on Kafeel visa for almost Four years.And recently
before 2 months I have transfered my Visa to a New Company bcoz the recent raids of Jawazath.Now the company project is in completion stage,and they have told to search any other companies.Is it possible that,again I can transfer my Visa to any other company. Please guide.

Regards....

I came to KSA in May 2013 and I have the Iqama from my Kafeel who is in Green now I have to transfer my Iqama to new company which is in Yellow. can it be possible transfer my Iqama from Green to Yellow? I have all the transfer papers and Iqama from Old Kafeel and everything is Valid.

IrfanFarooqu wrote:

I came to KSA in May 2013 and I have the Iqama from my Kafeel who is in Green now I have to transfer my Iqama to new company which is in Yellow. can it be possible transfer my Iqama from Green to Yellow? I have all the transfer papers and Iqama from Old Kafeel and everything is Valid.

Transfers to Yellow companies isn't allowed.

and what is going to happen to these yellow companies after this grace period ends?

Dear HR Guru

Is it possible for us as an expat couple to transfer the ikama of an indian house driver to our sponsorship and could you advice us about the transfer procedure. We both work and my ikama is under transfer to my company( we have no idea when the paper work will finish) so we can only bring the driver to my husbands ikama.

Hi,

Is there anything needed from the employer for the change of profession should the employee chooses to have it changed personally?

The company I'm interested in taking up employment with is reluctant on giving me the demand letter unless I first have my profession changed to that of the role on offer. I've tried reasoning with them that they can have the profession changed upon change of sponsorship by providing the appointment letter stating the role I'm being hired for, and with my competence supported by my educational qualifications. But, they're adamant on having their work free from any kind of hassle (although I don't see how this'll be of any inconvenience to them), and my employer has outright refused to cooperate. My problem is that by scoring said job I'll have quite literally 'hit the jackpot' as far as my career in the long-term is concerned.

What're my options?

Regards

What's your current profession and what are they demanding it to be?

Profession change now is requested electronically (through muqeem I guess)... So, your employer have to initiate it.

Your profession may bother the new employer depending on their chamber of commerce registration. For example, a plumbing company can't hire IT programmers.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

What's your current profession and what are they demanding it to be?

Profession change now is requested electronically (through muqeem I guess)... So, your employer have to initiate it.

Your profession may bother the new employer depending on their chamber of commerce registration. For example, a plumbing company can't hire IT programmers.

I made one of the most horrible mistakes of my life by coming here without having done my homework and relying entirely on what "friends" had told me. In short: I came here on a still fixer "azad" visa (although I like to refer to it as AZAAB visa). It needs to be Muhaasib (preferably) since I'll be working as a tax consultant, or a marketing executive etc.

They've transferred and changed professions of all their employees from such labour professions in the last couple months, which pretty much confirms that it can be done. Those "existing" employees too were illegal (azaab), so legally I too practically fall in the same category as far as that company is concerned since azaad workers aren't registered as your employees officially if I'm not mistaken? Another reason how I know it can be done easily (these days anyway) is that one more company has offered to hire me and the recruiter from that company said, and I quote, "your current iqama profession is irrelevant".

Both the companies are among the Top 100 firms in the Kingdom. My preference, however, is to work for the one not willing to take me on with the current iqama profession (it really is that beneficial for my career to work for them) even though the second company is offering a higher salary.

My current sponsor has refused to cooperate. So. Bah! Lol

Regards

Aslamwalekum,

i would like to ask. My iqama is going to expire on 22nd november 2013.

If you can please let me know how many days before the expiry i can renew my iqama ?? some people are saying 2 months and some are saying 3 months.

Some people I know have done it even 6 months ahead of expiry.

Dear Respected The Legend Leads,
In case if Saudi council of engineers reject my application and my degree, Is my payed amount refundable to me or what? I have payed 500SR and 750SR More going to pay online??

dear sir,
       my iqama is in white category and will expire on 8th september 2013, i take transfer from my kafeel before 1month because of my profession my profession is funny decore,and i am here in saudi since 15mnths, sir my question to u is my transfer possible to new company......thanks waiting for ur answer

Assalam-O-Alaikum

I want to see the status of my Iqama profession becuase I send my iqama almost 2.5 months before but still not received.

Regards

Is there a law in Saudi Arabia that an expatriate working for more than 10 years in a single company (under a single sponsor) can legally claim for a transfer of sponsorship from the present sponsor to a new one?

Thank You!

rashonline wrote:

Is there a law in Saudi Arabia that an expatriate working for more than 10 years in a single company (under a single sponsor) can legally claim for a transfer of sponsorship from the present sponsor to a new one?

Thank You!

No :)

Assalam O Alaikum,

Dear sir,

My profession is Kahrabai Mabani,. My kafeel Licence has expired, I tried in to companies for Transfer but they are saying Labor Office has no record about your kafeel and electronically not possible transfer. When I enter my Iqama to the MOL site, The message is showing.(نعتذر لعدم تقديم الخدمة نظرا لعدم وجود منشأتك فى قواعد بيانات نطاقات
We apologize for not providing the service because your domain databases)Sir, Can I Transfer to a green company , what is the solution, Plese tell me , what is the soloution
Thanks

I'm working Building material company, My iqama profession is House Driver, my kafil transfered other company, i'm a BA Graduate, now new company change to the on-line profession Accountant, Accountant profession need any certificate????

I'm waiting valuable feedback!!!!

KIS1122 wrote:

I'm working Building material company, My iqama profession is House Driver, my kafil transfered other company, i'm a BA Graduate, now new company change to the on-line profession Accountant, Accountant profession need any certificate????

I'm waiting valuable feedback!!!!

Dear try to change in another profession like any type of funny.

Actually this profession is now only for saudis. After may be you have to face much problems.

Hi please help me.. This is my situation here I already have iqama for 3 months but my iqama is different to where I work now because the company I'm working now is in red category my question is it is possible that I can take transfer without my kafeel knowledge??my visa is I work in medical center but in my iqama I was working in car maintenance center... I want to transfer but my employer don't want give release unless I pay 12000 sar.. Which I cannot give its too high.. Thanks hoping for your reply help me pls sir

The medical center I'm working right now is in red category that's why our employer put our iqama in other company that is in green category.. My problem is my iqama different from my workplace can I transfer even without my kafeel knowledge?? Because he don't want release me..what can I do I want to transfer help me pls

@Mjoyfelipe,
You've been answered several times. Seems you miss out reading the replies somehow.

You've to go to the Labor court, that's the only thing you can do.

dear hr guru
now my iqama profession is labour . i am worked as a site engineer come draughtsman i have diploma in civil engineering certificate from karnataka state
open university.so which profession can change in my new iqama

lijinvls wrote:

dear hr guru
now my iqama profession is labour . i am worked as a site engineer come draughtsman i have diploma in civil engineering certificate from karnataka state
open university.so which profession can change in my new iqama

You can easily get the profession of CAD operator or normal draughtsman in your iqama.

dear sir i want to know about my iqamma transfer

masif42 wrote:

dear sir i want to know about my iqamma transfer

Could you be more specific with your request as to what exactly do you need.

Dear hrguru,

I am working in a company as foreman. Last week they transfer my sponsorship to company. I want to know is it possible to transfer sponsorship again to another company now. What is the time gap between 2 sponsorship change.

Asafa13 wrote:

Dear hrguru,

I am working in a company as foreman. Last week they transfer my sponsorship to company. I want to know is it possible to transfer sponsorship again to another company now. What is the time gap between 2 sponsorship change.

Depends on the category of your company. If your company is green and you are moving to a green company then you cant do the transfer until you complete two years. If your current company is in red / yellow and you are moving to green company yes you can transfer now. If your company is in green and you are moving to a platinum category then yes you can transfer now.

Hope this is clear.

it is great support as rule knowledge is very limited

i want to know, can I make transfer, as I just transfer 6 month ago before that I was working for 4.5 years under 1st sponsor. My current employer is in green category.

fatalorbit wrote:

i want to know, can I make transfer, as I just transfer 6 month ago before that I was working for 4.5 years under 1st sponsor. My current employer is in green category.

Unless you are moving to platinum category company , you cant move from green and has to wait for 2 yrs.

what if I m already under Platinum..

fatalorbit wrote:

what if I m already under Platinum..

Sorry no chance unless to wait for 2 yrs.

hi i am a civil engineer working in saudi arabia..
my iqama profession is architect.is there a need to change the profession??
or can continue with it.

I hear that It is possible before 4 Nov.