IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

  • Page 2 / 11

#41 12 May 2013 07:45:35

HRGuru
HRGuru
Riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

prijeev wrote:

Thanks sir for your reply,
                           As you said, i had sent my certifcates to India for attestation.They are processed it but it will take 75-90 days. But now i heard that the change of profession is easy as per new relaxation by MOI and MOL. Whoever wants to change his profession even house drivers are included, except the Saudization quota,are possible till June. Do you have any such information like this..

Thanks for your help and suggestion.

I have heard of this as well, but have not actually seen any one's profession changed under the grace period. If any of the expat bloggers who actually did it could update us all here, that would be nice.

#42 13 May 2013 10:24:27

afzaali
afzaali
Jeddah

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Dear HR Guru,

I got to know that change of profession is free of cost now a days. Do you have any information about that?? If yes, Please let us know. My profession on Iqama is steel fixer while my agreement is surveyor and i am workin as surveyor as well. So I want to change my profession to surveyor so that i may bring my family. Please let me know if it is free then i should try to change. Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

#43 13 May 2013 10:42:15

HRGuru
HRGuru
Riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Please see my answer above, I have heard of the same but not actually seen any one do this under the grace period. If there are any out there, we could get some responses here.

#44 13 May 2013 10:57:01

afzaali
afzaali
Jeddah

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Thanks a lot for your such a quick response. One of my friend is going through this process. In Shaa ALLAH soon i will update you if he got it changed.

#45 15 May 2013 04:05:07

ronald615
ronald615
riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Good day! Is there any problem if I will not change the profession in my iqama? I don't have any attested certificate with me. Do the new rules include that you should be working in the same as stated in your iqama profession.

Tnx. Waiting for your reply!

#46 15 May 2013 08:37:29

HRGuru
HRGuru
Riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

ronald615 wrote:

Good day! Is there any problem if I will not change the profession in my iqama? I don't have any attested certificate with me. Do the new rules include that you should be working in the same as stated in your iqama profession.

Tnx. Waiting for your reply!

The profession is not the priority as of now for the law, they only will make sure if you are working under your current sponsor or not. I believe the next phase would be the checking of professions. Its better to change and be in the safe side though.

#47 16 May 2013 08:29:46

ahmedmbnr
ahmedmbnr
Riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

dear sir,
i came in a private company in Dammam but company transferred me to Riyadh in other company the owner of this company and my sponsor are partners from 35 years in these 2 company i am working as cadd operator but my iqama profession is not same i inform the company to change my profession but company is not responding.

so please suggest me what i will do.

hope you will.....

#48 18 May 2013 07:57:12

HRGuru
HRGuru
Riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

ahmedmbnr wrote:

dear sir,
i came in a private company in Dammam but company transferred me to Riyadh in other company the owner of this company and my sponsor are partners from 35 years in these 2 company i am working as cadd operator but my iqama profession is not same i inform the company to change my profession but company is not responding.

so please suggest me what i will do.

hope you will.....

Whats the current profession, your first priority should be not the profession, but the legality of your stay. Your sponsorship should be under the sponsor where you are working and that should be the priority rather than the profession change as of now. Profession can be changed at a later stage as well.

#49 18 May 2013 20:34:06

salaaramjad
salaaramjad
Riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

I have a question. Can a company change profession on my iqama if I transfer it under their sponsorship irrespective of the profession I had before before transfer of sponsorship?

#50 19 May 2013 09:23:05

HRGuru
HRGuru
Riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

salaaramjad wrote:

I have a question. Can a company change profession on my iqama if I transfer it under their sponsorship irrespective of the profession I had before before transfer of sponsorship?

Yes they can if they need to do it under a certain circumstance, like for eg : for faster processing or to make the profession suiting their business type etc. Usually companies wont do since cost is involved and will try to manage with the same.

#51 19 May 2013 21:45:55

sksaber1
sksaber1
Hyderabad

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

dear sir.........


i have prablam now saudi     government said profession change is a possible my visa is a house driver but im working in out side my sponcer takeing money yearly 4000 reyal.but  now i need transfar my iqama in company.so im asking my passport  my sponcer.but he said give me 5000reyal ofter his given my passport.so what can i do ...plz tell me sir...00966536951705

Last edited by sksaber1 (19 May 2013 21:46:59)

#52 20 May 2013 07:56:19

HRGuru
HRGuru
Riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

sksaber1 wrote:

dear sir.........


i have prablam now saudi     government said profession change is a possible my visa is a house driver but im working in out side my sponcer takeing money yearly 4000 reyal.but  now i need transfar my iqama in company.so im asking my passport  my sponcer.but he said give me 5000reyal ofter his given my passport.so what can i do ...plz tell me sir...00966536951705

No choice but to pay and get the passport first, once you have the passport , get demand letter from new sponsor and then approach the labor office / jawazat to change the profession as well as sponsorship to the new sponsor. Good luck.

#53 20 May 2013 10:01:56

123kha
123kha
Jeddah

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Dear Sir Salam aliykum
i have three problems
Firstly i wanted to know it that i don't have iqama & Passport.
My question is that is it possible to make iqama without sponsor & passport. 
How much money it requires to make it corrrect

#54 20 May 2013 10:24:53

SJN81

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Dear HRGuru,

I am back again with some doubts. My sponsor is under white category.I got release letter from him. Now I am working with a rental company. They have finally processed my online transfer request in labor website. But they are saying my present sponsor  has to give online approval.
But the sponsor is saying that his activities are frozen as he didn't appoint any Saudi nationality.

Is it originally required any online approval for transfer from sponsor if already issued release letter with chamber.

If sponsor will not do online approval ;is there any way for transfer

How to check the labor department acceptance of  my transfer request.

Best Regards
SJN

#55 20 May 2013 12:48:50

HRGuru
HRGuru
Riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

SJN81 wrote:

Dear HRGuru,

I am back again with some doubts. My sponsor is under white category.I got release letter from him. Now I am working with a rental company. They have finally processed my online transfer request in labor website. But they are saying my present sponsor  has to give online approval.
But the sponsor is saying that his activities are frozen as he didn't appoint any Saudi nationality.

Is it originally required any online approval for transfer from sponsor if already issued release letter with chamber.

If sponsor will not do online approval ;is there any way for transfer

How to check the labor department acceptance of  my transfer request.

Best Regards
SJN

Your current company PR/GR / Mandoob needs to approach Labor office directly with your documents and under the grace period they can do it without any approval since your old sponsor is in red / white.

#58 20 May 2013 18:31:43

Santhosh Punnakkal

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Dear Sir

I have been working as an Accountant in a private firm in Saudi Arabia, Al - Jubail holding house driver profession under the same sponsor.

As per the new rules & regulations sponsor agreed to change my profession from House Driver to Account Technician (Hisabath).

I have B-Com certificate, but my certificate are not yet attested by any authority.

So kindly advice me profession change precedure.

Regards

Santhosh.P

#59 21 May 2013 08:45:23

HRGuru
HRGuru
Riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Santhosh Punnakkal wrote:

Dear Sir

I have been working as an Accountant in a private firm in Saudi Arabia, Al - Jubail holding house driver profession under the same sponsor.

As per the new rules & regulations sponsor agreed to change my profession from House Driver to Account Technician (Hisabath).

I have B-Com certificate, but my certificate are not yet attested by any authority.

So kindly advice me profession change precedure.

Regards

Santhosh.P

It has been brought to my attention that under the grace period profession can be changed without the fees, I am not sure about the attestation requirement though. What you can do is approach the labor office and see if they can change it without the attested certificate. If it happens well and good and please update the forum members  as well.

#60 21 May 2013 12:12:10

123kha
123kha
Jeddah

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Ya brother Salaam
when i came to saudi arabia instead of working with the company i left to jeddah and started working there. At the same time i have expired iqamah with me. I dont have any passport or i have seen my sponsor. No i heard that it is possible that to make new iqamah without sponsor. Is it so. plz let me know it.
Secondly if i want to go to India without passport. Is it possible to go to India without passport.
Plz let me know it.
Thanks

#61 21 May 2013 12:20:40

123kha
123kha
Jeddah

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Ya brother Salaam
when i came to saudi arabia instead of working with the company i left to jeddah and started working there. At the same time i have expired iqamah with me. I dont have any passport or i have seen my sponsor. No i heard that it is possible that to make new iqamah without sponsor. Is it so. plz let me know it.
Secondly if i want to go to India without passport. Is it possible to go to India without passport.
Plz let me know it.
Thanks

#62 21 May 2013 13:50:14

TheLegendLeads

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

123kha wrote:

Ya brother Salaam
when i came to saudi arabia instead of working with the company i left to jeddah and started working there. At the same time i have expired iqamah with me. I dont have any passport or i have seen my sponsor. No i heard that it is possible that to make new iqamah without sponsor. Is it so. plz let me know it.
Secondly if i want to go to India without passport. Is it possible to go to India without passport.
Plz let me know it.
Thanks

Without the passport, you can neither change your sponsor, nor you can travel back to India.

Last edited by TheLegendLeads (22 May 2013 07:25:28)

#63 22 May 2013 07:15:53

allahkareem76

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Dear Sir,

please, clarify/guide me:

im working as a mechanical engineer in saudi, having diploma in mechanical engineer attested in saudi embussy in india, but my iqama profession in "aamil mamaari", i am planing to change my profession to bring my family in permanent visa so, please, guide me, which profession i can take to sponsor my family using my diploma in mechanical engineering?

your informative reply in highly appreciated.
regards,
syed

#65 22 May 2013 08:11:31

HRGuru
HRGuru
Riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

allahkareem76 wrote:

Dear Sir,

please, clarify/guide me:

im working as a mechanical engineer in saudi, having diploma in mechanical engineer attested in saudi embussy in india, but my iqama profession in "aamil mamaari", i am planing to change my profession to bring my family in permanent visa so, please, guide me, which profession i can take to sponsor my family using my diploma in mechanical engineering?

your informative reply in highly appreciated.
regards,
syed

Check with your company PR/ GR to see what is the line of company business and accordingly you can choose any "technician" position with the diploma that you have.

#66 22 May 2013 08:37:40

allahkareem76

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Dear sir,

thanks for your prompt reply.

actually i am working under saudi bin ladin group (SBG).
i am working in construction line like, utility piping, ac ducting, electrical services etc. my part is as a mechanical engineer.

i would like to know, in funni(technician) category which one is good to select, example: Fuuni-mechanical or funni-"taqeef" or funni-"handasa" or funni-"baniya" ETC.....

pls. guide/suggest me which one is very better to sponcer my family with my diploma certificate in mechanical engineering.

thanks,
syed

#67 22 May 2013 10:40:20

mansoor_expatblog

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

hi guru,

I am living in Saudi arabia. My profession is " Techinical Service constultant " do i need to registered my profession , I heard those are having professoins like engineering, consultant  needs to be registed from moc.

Is it required for me also. Please reply

Regards
Mansoor

#68 22 May 2013 15:34:15

shaik Abdul Kader

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Dear

i want to know that i have iqama catogorey as restaurant waiter and i want to change as Marketing related job status since i have all my related field certificate in india and under process of attestation from HRD & embassy meanwhile there is grace period has been given by saudi goverment that we can change our profession during this period

My question : is it Possible to give copy of My certificates for proceeding for profession change or else can i change the profession after the grace period since i need to submit my original certificate attaested .

please clarify me

#69 25 May 2013 11:48:04

HRGuru
HRGuru
Riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

mansoor_expatblog wrote:

hi guru,

I am living in Saudi arabia. My profession is " Techinical Service constultant " do i need to registered my profession , I heard those are having professoins like engineering, consultant  needs to be registed from moc.

Is it required for me also. Please reply

Regards
Mansoor

Any technical job needs to be registered with the SCE. You can check their website (you will find link and related information in this forum) and apply online.

#70 25 May 2013 22:56:21

akhlaq89
akhlaq89
Alahsa

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

hi  i am working in Saudi Arabia on company visa in a private construction company, i am working as a sub-engineer civil,but the title on my iqama is tile fixer. i have three years diploma of associate engineer in civil from Pakistan. so i want to know can i change my profession to sub-engineer/junior-engineer/or assistant-engineer on the basis of my three years diploma , if it is possible what will be the procedure. i am not interested in family visa or any thing, i need only title having engineer in it may be sub, assistant, junior engineer etc. pl z any one reply coz i am new in this website .

#71 26 May 2013 06:55:34

HRGuru
HRGuru
Riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

akhlaq89 wrote:

hi  i am working in Saudi Arabia on company visa in a private construction company, i am working as a sub-engineer civil,but the title on my iqama is tile fixer. i have three years diploma of associate engineer in civil from Pakistan. so i want to know can i change my profession to sub-engineer/junior-engineer/or assistant-engineer on the basis of my three years diploma , if it is possible what will be the procedure. i am not interested in family visa or any thing, i need only title having engineer in it may be sub, assistant, junior engineer etc. pl z any one reply coz i am new in this website .

If you are not planning to bring family and only doing it for the title - why bother ?.

Still to answer your query - you need to get the certificate attested from saudi embassy in your country, register with SCE and then apply for a profession change as per the company business / your job / your education. You might not get exactly as sub engineer or asst engineer, but you can choose from the list of professions available under your education category.

#72 28 May 2013 07:34:26

mansoor_expatblog

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Hi Guru,

Thanks for your reply .

SCE website is having in Arabic ,Can you send me the link or information in English to get the information. its useful to others also to know the info.

And i got my family without my certificate attestation from Saudi embassy in India. so do i need to attestation in india or is enough to attestation in SCE.

Suggest me please.

Regards,
Mansoor

#74 29 May 2013 08:39:23

HRGuru
HRGuru
Riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

mansoor_expatblog wrote:

Hi Guru,

Thanks for your reply .

SCE website is having in Arabic ,Can you send me the link or information in English to get the information. its useful to others also to know the info.

And i got my family without my certificate attestation from Saudi embassy in India. so do i need to attestation in india or is enough to attestation in SCE.

Suggest me please.

Regards,
Mansoor

Its always better to have the certificate attested from the Saudi embassy in India for future purposes as well. As for the site, you will find a link to convert the page into English within the site.

#75 03 June 2013 07:05:58

Arif Shabu
Arif Shabu
Jubail

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Hi Sir,

i have 2 question

I already finessed 5 years in Saudi in under one Sponsor and my profession in iqama Steel Fixer. Now i like to transfer to one company.

1 What is charges for first time transfer.
2 If i get the demand latter form at percent working company. What was the next step. What papers i have to get from my sponsor.

#76 03 June 2013 10:03:14

HRGuru
HRGuru
Riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Arif Shabu wrote:

Hi Sir,

i have 2 question

I already finessed 5 years in Saudi in under one Sponsor and my profession in iqama Steel Fixer. Now i like to transfer to one company.

1 What is charges for first time transfer.
2 If i get the demand latter form at percent working company. What was the next step. What papers i have to get from my sponsor.

First time transfer costs SR.2000

You need demand letter from the new company and three release letters from your current sponsor attested from Chamber and then you give this to your new company HR / GR/ Mandoob or if doing from outside to the general service agent.

#78 03 June 2013 10:14:01

HRGuru
HRGuru
Riyadh

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

The "name" of the release letters are release letters, or do you want them in Arabic : Khitab Tanazil or ختاب تنازل

One should be addressed to your new sponsor / company, one to mudeer jawazat and one to mudeer maktab al amal.

#80 04 June 2013 14:29:36

nivi.nivi
nivi.nivi
Dammam

Re: IQAMA TRANSFER & PROFESSION CHANGING

Hai Sir
I want to chage my sponsership to other company but my current sponser not ready to give release .And i have passport and iqama .And current sponser is in White catogary(Nitaqath) so is any way is there to chage the sponseship.

Last edited by nivi.nivi (04 June 2013 14:33:00)

  • Page 2 / 11

2 members online in Saudi Arabia

Expatriate health insurance Dammam
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Dammam.
>> Click here
Expat banking Dammam
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Dammam
A few tips from professionals about moving to Dammam.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Dammam
Don't worry and travel happy across Dammam.
>> Click here