Vlamingen in North Carolina

Hallo,

Sinds december 2011 woon ik met mijn gezin in North Carolina, ondertussen bijna 2 jaar dus. Het is niet altijd even eenvoudig om je weg in de nieuwe wereld te vinden en zelf ben ik een blog gestart voor de vrienden en familie in Belgie. Uiteindelijk is het een interessante herinnering voor mezelf geworden, maar ik vond het heel gezellig om ook andere Vlamingen te ontmoeten in NC. Daardoor ontstond het idee om een gesloten facebookgroep op te richten en die is ondertussen uitgegroeid tot een aangename groep van 30 Vlaamse leden, die wonen en leven in NC. De groep heeft vooral het doel om elkaar geregeld te kunnen ontmoeten in het Vlaams. Het wass ook een beetje de bedoeling om de Vlaamse Cultuur en taal te laten leven, zodat onze kinderen ze niet vergeten.

Geef dus maar een seintje als je als Vlaming ook in North Carolina woont of gaat wonen.

Groetjes,
Chantal

This message is written in Flemish, with the purpose of guiding Flemish speaking people to the Flemish group here in NC. If you don't understand the message, you can always use Google translator, but then I am afraid this message is not useful for you. Everyone can off course contact me, no matter what language they speak. :-)

Kind regards,
Chantal

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Chantal!

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English so that everyone can understand and participate?

Thanks
Armand

Hi,

I will write in English, but previous text had to be in Dutch. I wanted only to attract the Dutch speaking members, living in North Carolina. Sorry.

This blog is a very good initiative, thank you!

Chantal

Hello Chantal. :)

As Armand has said above, you are on an English speaking forum. It is better to communicate in english so that other members can undertand and participate.

Unfortunately, we do not have a Dutch forum yet.

I invite you to read the Forum code of conduct. There are guidelines which could help you in using the forum.

Maybe you could translate your message above as well. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie