Expats in Guaratingueta, Taubate or Sao Jose dos Campos?

Hi everyone. I just moved to Brazil from South Africa with my husband (who is Dutch). We are staying in Guaratingueta and would love to meet other expats around the area, even in SJ dos campos. So far the Portugese is quite intimidating ;)

Marelie

Hi Marelie,

http://www.earlylearninghq.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Welcome-banner.jpg

On behalf of the entire Expat-blog Team I would like to welcome you and your husband on board. I hope that your experience here on the blog will be both enjoyable and informative.

Learning the language can be a bit intimidating as you mention, but if you learn some of the basic rules you will find it much easier to pick up.

If you haven't already done so read through my posting "LEARN OVER A THOUSAND PORTUGUESE WORDS IN A FEW MINUTES", I'm sure you will find that it will help you greatly in the learning process.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=151289

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Hi Marelie

I am also from South Africa, and been here for about 6 months. I am only here on a temporary basis till middle 2013.

I must say, the Portuguese is very daunting in the beginning, actually still is, but it does get better.

Good luck here in Brazil,  hope you will be very happy here.

Johan

Hey!
Im from Sweden and my name is Henrik. Im visiting a friend who is opening a hostel in Ubatuba where Ive been the last 6 weeks. Im now going to Taubaté for a few days. Ill be traveling in Brazil but Sao Paulo is My base. If any one would like to meet for a disscusion or just have a drink.

Best regards
Henrik
[email protected]

Hi Marelie,

How are things going for you in Guaratingueta? How long will you stay?

I am Jan from Belgium (the Dutch part) and me and my Brazilian wife Vanessa have moved from Belgium to Brazil some months ago. At the moment, we are living in Campinas, SP, but we will be moving to Guaratingueta in a few months. Since it is a new city for us, it would be nice to hear some of your experiences so far.

Just contact us at jan.and.van(at)g,ail.com

Cheers, Jan and Vanessa

Hi Marelie,

Im a Filipina who is married to a Brazilian.  IŽve been living here in Guaratingueta for almost almost 11 months now.  Yeah studying portuguese language is really a headache but Im really trying hard to learn it,lol.  Are you both working here? Hope to meet you sometime.God bless! :)