Moving to Mombasa

We are a family of four with two kids and are tired of the rat race in the uk.  being  originally from Mombasa we are seriously considering coming back . I would be grateful for views and opinions together with an idea of the cost of living there,schools,buying a home, medical expenses, buying a car.
. as I emigrated over twenty years ago. we came on a holiday last year in April and I was amazed at how much development is happening.  Kenya seems more happening than the UK. What was particularly noticeable was how people were not stressed and were relaxed and appeared to have a better quality of life.
What is the employment and work situation.
Any views,opinions and information would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Amitleon2000.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, do not hesitate to read the other threads on the Mombasa forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Can people please respond to my posting.

:up:

Mombasa is really peaceful and relaxed. The cost of living has definately increased. We have two major malls in Nyali that's where most of the north coast people can be found.
Depending on what type of education system you are looking for for your kids i'd advice the academy programs particularly Aga Khan Academy Mombasa offer IB which some parents may consider as a plus.
home? What are you looking for, there are abundant apartments coming up if thats what you are looking for. if you'd like diani has more peaceful houses rather than apartments...

I hope this help for now

what field are you interested in when it comes to work? Jobs are abit tight for now
There are excellent schools around offering different education systems.

I am a property lawyer in th e uk. So something similar