Carpool to Khobar/Dammam

Hello everyone,

I'm moved to Khobar recently from the US and can't say how much I'm hating it.  I visited Bahrain coupla times and I feel so much better when I'm there; so much so that I'm considering option of everyday commute.

I believe quite a few here are doing it on a daily basis.  To cut down on the costs and the routine of driving every single day, does anyone here carpool and/or are willing to?

Cheers,
- Hash

I know that there are special drivers with small/medium buses who offer similar services.

just another option...

good luck

Nawafo;  Thank you...will look into that

Hi Hash, I am sorry you are not enjoying khobar - my husband is there and I know it is tough at first.  We will live in bahrain and husband will commute to khobar shortly. There are quite a few who do this but the problem with carpooling is the variety of hours people work. It would be a pain if you were ready to leave for the day but your carpooling buddy has to do a couple of hours overtime and vice versa.

Living in Bahrain is so much better but as Silver said a car pool is not a good option. Hire a Bahrain car if you can drive  (paperwork easier) or do as Nawafo days and get a bus. My husband commutes, all our friends commute and it is really worth it

You should also ask your colleagues. I don't know how big your company is but if your office is in Khobar and your company isn't too small, almost certainly someone in your company is commuting to Bahrain. By this way you can also arrange times easier with your colleague. But no matter who you do the carpooling with, there will be days which are inconvenient for one or the other because the timings won't match.

The best way for you would be to rent your own car and commute.

Hello seeker_110,

Kindly note that this discussion is not active since 2013.

Regards
Yuveshen