Definitive Guide to Bahrain for New Expats

Thank you very much... what a nice article!
Just was wondering about  things I didn't read in the article, and it is about:

- security: How safe is the country? Can I walk at any time in the street without worrying of getting robbed or something like that?  I am sorry, it does mentioned that despite the protest in 2011 the country is safe for work and live.

- Family: How is life in Bahrain for families? I probably will be having the opportunity to travel with my wife and children, what activities can we do with them, does my wife needs to wear an abaya and hijab as in KSA?

- Gas prices?

- How update is the currency table?

But I will like to deeply want to thank you for this great guide, it is so helpful and worth every minute used to read it.

Kind Regards,

No women do not need to wear an abaya in Bahrain!!  Family life is busy here, and you can do pretty much as much or as little as you want!

Fuel costs are very low at present - I think it is roughly 100 fils per litre!!  To fill my tank takes less than 6BD!

I have downloaded the OANDA currency converter in order to see how the rates change (I am interested in UK pound!).

Hope this helps

MummyT wrote:

No women do not need to wear an abaya in Bahrain!!  Family life is busy here, and you can do pretty much as much or as little as you want!

Fuel costs are very low at present - I think it is roughly 100 fils per litre!!  To fill my tank takes less than 6BD!

I have downloaded the OANDA currency converter in order to see how the rates change (I am interested in UK pound!).

Hope this helps

Thank you very much, you reply does really helps... I hope I can make it to the job opportunity and relocate to bahrain.

Kind regards.

Does anyone knows sitra meat company??ty

Still the best piece of information about Bahrain.. helped me to move in 2 years back and still my "where to go"for any missing info ... thanks a million

good day, i have offered a job at zayed town bahrain ,my contract is two years but my visa is only 6 months?why is that so?i thought it should be 2 yrs also.will my employer be the one to renew it?thanks hope i could find answers. im worried

if i may know how do you know your visa is for 6months? if you have any doubts please ask with your employer before your sign the contract, usually if your contract is for 2 years, your visa also should be for 2 years.

T&R

I love Bahrain it is the best place to stay in from my openion , I'm living in Saudi but I use to visit Bahrain every weekend almost for swimming , fishing and a lot of other things

I hope my effort also helpful for someone
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 84#2819850

A really helpful and informative guide. . thanx for it. . :)

This Guide cleared most of my doubts...Great work...Keep it up... :)

Great post - Full of useful information

Many thanks  :D

Some great information thanks.

Brightonguy & Josnuggles, so many thank for the valuable effort has been put into that topic!!.. It's so simple and ,yet, extremely illustrative.. you rock! 💥💥👍🏼

If I may suggest, I would go with Jazzy851 opinion to add the hotline list of emergency numbers; Ambulance, Police, Traffic Police, Fire Station..etc (hopefully no one will need it, but just in case)

Again, really appreciating your work.. thanks a lot

Love this, thank you!

Thats outstanding works Guys!!

You are kind of superhero for peopl Josnuggles and Brightonguy!!

Appreciated to be charitable of human!

You answered many question of life about Bahrain!

Thanks & Regards
Emrah

This is the most definitive guide to Bahrain. You have written very deeply about all the questions an expat may ask about Bahrain. 

Manama is a small city for leisure.  City Centre Bahrain is the best place of entertainment for me usually for movies and window shopping.

However, It'ss a safe and good place to earn and live for the expats.

oh its great travel guide to Bahrain i appreciate your great efforts its really useful thanks a lot dear

I also didn't find any problem, and yes it is good place for earn and living

Thank you so much! ... appreciate your effort!

Hi,
Very nice post. Thanks for this post will guide everyone coming to Bahrain.
Well its written in 2013. Any updates in the post in terms of living cost accommodation rules and regulations for expats etc in 2018 as me and my husband planning to shift Bahrain recently.

No much changes in rules and regulations, but the cost of living has gone up drastically, referring to electricity and water.

T&R

A well-researched and well-written piece.  Thank you.  But I would add Uber to the list of taxi firms.  It's small point, but they are cheap and efficient.  Moreover, the Uber drivers I have talked with say they are reasonably happy with their lot.

Great article. Very informative. Thanks