What is cost of living for three family member

Hi Friends,

I have got job offer one of Company at Dar es Salaam for Two Year Contract for IT Field.

Could you please just let me know the what is cost of living for three family member, I have got offer Local monthly Salary Shilling 800,000.00 is ok for three persons (Husband+Wife+6 Yr Old Child)  especially for non resident at Dar es Salam, and company paying Overseas Salary USD 1500 Tax Free + USD 1200 for Accommodation + USD 100 For Utilities i.e Electricity+Water,  but they are not interested to pay for daily Transport Charges from Home to Office.

Please Reply ASAP

Regards.

Indian77

Hi Indian77,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Dar es Salaam forum.

I invite you to have a look here: https://www.expat.com/forum/648-22-cost … alaam.html

Best of luck,
Christine

hi

is good u r getting, grab this opportunity.

everything seems is good compensation, transportation doesn't matter much since you can use bike.

Thanks a ton Narendra,

Could you please let me know the monthly Salary Shilling 800,000.00 is sufficient for three persons, expense against Grocery Items & Daily meals and few other expense.

Pls. Reply.

Regards

Rahul Sharma

HI,

This is Malleshwar here and I live in Dar over the past one year. A quick and approximate costs listed below which might help you.

1 USD is approximately 1600 and keeps varrying by few shillings.

House Rent - You will get a fully furnished in this 1200$ in a decent place.

Utilities of 100 is good which will all be covered for electricity, Water etc

Maid Services - Approx 80,000/- TSH
Water Bottled- Average 40,000/- TSH
Medical is very expensive, you need to take it from company
Food please cost three times of India.

If Child is school going you need to ask the company for school fees else average spend for one year in Indian School is 3 Million per child.
Transportation is very high generally all companies provide the facilities or company cars for self use, You cannot depend on Public buses. Taxis min is 3000 to 4000 TSH.

Overall 800,000/- is quiet Ok to make a decnet expenses.

Dear Friend Malleshwar.

Thank you very much for your valuable guidance and your advice.

Could you please guide me in details about monthly food expense for Three family member, I am Non Vegetarian.

As you mentioned about Indian School in Tanzania, they are charging approx. 3 Million per child per annum, as I understood approx. USD 1860 per year which include School Admission charges+School fee+books and school transport charges etc. Pls. confirm.

If you have any idea about Unlimited Internet access charges with 1MB or 2MB speed Pls. advise.

Regards

Rahul Sharma

Look Like you are joining Qualtiy group...if yes welcome to Tanzania..Also may please share your emailid ..will touchbase with you.

hello,i can find u a cheaper accomodation if u can secure that money from the company at half the price in a nice apartment in the city centre,take the 800,000 plus 1500 dollars tax free it is ok for your family u can survive,dont allow for them to pay for u accomodation,u have to pay 6months advance rent or 12 months

they are providing you a decent package, you should grab the opportunity....

only issue is education of children, its very expensive in tanzania also not up to the mark...

For internet access, I think now AIRTEL is the best.

For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Dear Mr. Mallik,
My name is Hari . I am planning to come to Tanzania (DAR) along with another Indian investor to see the possibilities of investments by staying 15 days at least. How much money i should carry for our living ? Can you suggest as per below form;
1) Transport cost ( Airfare) from India to Tanzania:
2) Daily transport by Taxi:
3) Lodging exp by medium range hotel:
               (or)
4) Paying guest accommodation charges if available:
5) Food expenses:
5) Visa expenses on arrival:
6) Business establishment administration costs:
7) Hiring consultant (Local person per 15 days):
7). Miscellaneous charges:
Plz reply
Yours truly
AS Rao
+919949433350
[email protected]

Hello, Beras can i stay 15 days in DAR in a Paying guest accommodation. if yes what will be the cost per 2 persons. And what it includes. I want to stay with Indian family only.

Dear Ms. Christine,
My name is Hari . I am planning to come to Tanzania (DAR) along with another Indian investor to see the possibilities of investments by staying 15 days at least. How much money i should carry for our living ? Can you suggest as per below form;
1) Transport cost ( Airfare) from India to Tanzania:
2) Daily transport by Taxi:
3) Lodging exp by medium range hotel:
               (or)
4) Paying guest accommodation charges if available:
5) Food expenses:
5) Visa expenses on arrival:
6) Business establishment administration costs:
7) Hiring consultant (Local person per 15 days):
7). Miscellaneous charges:
Plz reply
Yours truly
AS Rao
+919949433350
srihari.agro[at]gmail.com

Srihari67,

Please find reply to your queries as follows and calculate Tsh.28/- = 1 INR,

1. USD 1000 per person in economy class (return)
2. Depends upon your destination. Average Tsh. 30,000 per day
3. Tsh. 50,000 per day
4. Tsh. 500,000 per month (breakfast, Dinner & bed) along with Indian family.
5. Tourist USD 50 per person & business USD 200 per person
6. Roughly USD 5000
7. Depends upon what you do.....

Please do take yellow fewer injection & carry yellow fewer card along with you.

Wish you all the best......

15 days might cost you $50 per day both of you in a medium double room hotel outside the city centre.about staying with an indian family maybe put out an advert here for that,they might be of help