Hi - Just moved to Quatre Bornes

Hello good people,

I have recently moved to QB and was wondering if you could share some information on the finer points of this (allegedly) lovely city.

For instance:
Recommendations regarding pubs/bars, restaurants (local Mauritian especially) and other entertainment and social events.
I read on the QB portal website that you shouldn't venture out alone after 6pm. Surely this is BS as I was under the impression that Mauritius was a very safe place having been here before and met many locals.
If anyone is, or knows of, a personal french tutor I will keep them very busy as I need to learn french fast!

I grew up in Zambia, lived in England for the last 10 years and I am Northern Irish by birth. Drop me a line if you wanna meet up for a drink sometime and share life stories.

Peace :)

Hi there mate,

QB is totally fine...i've been out there after dark a few times with work people (wanted to go to local MRUtn joints!.....great cheap food and booze....not too sure of the name though.

I'm sure people from QB will give you more info....i live up in GB in the north.

cheers,

nik

Cheers for getting in touch Nik. Not sure where the Yid Army deploys here in QB but am guessing its wherever a spurs match is being played so will look into that. Probably consist of me, myself and I so fast track to Commander me thinks :)

We are playing tomorrow 1845 local time. I might mission it up north but may meet up with a mate to watch the match in QB (waiting on confirmation in Africa takes time). Will PM you my no so hit me up with a txt bro safe.

Hi Ben,
I live in QB, I go out alomst every Friday for drinks , it will be a pleasure to meet you sometime.

Cheers
Terence

Hi Ben,

It's perfectly safe in QB after 6 pm. I didn't get the slightest attention even going in a local's bar to watch football, have spirits and fried fish.

David.

Well it's been 2 weeks and things are great. There's a gym, sports bar and language academy here in QB. Got my own flat and have a good mix of Mauritian and expat friends. If anyone wants to know about Quatre Borne I would be happy to share info as I found little on the place before I arrived.

All the best.

Hey Ben,

How is the Gym that you found in QB.
How much do they charge for a month ?
Do they have free weights section ?
Where do you usually hangout?

I'm coming to Mauritius soon and will be living in QB
Hope you can hep me with my questions ?

Shantanu

Hi Ben,

I've been here about a month now and have a office in Vacaois right next to QB - I work with a ton of Mauritians from QB as well.. great people and have never had any issues late at night. 

I;m in flic en flac if you make it down this way give me a shout and we'll link up for a few drinks!

-Ben from Canada

Hi

You can check out the Empire gym in quatre bornes. I have been working out there for more than 3 years. They have cardio, machines and loose weights and charge MUR 700 per month.

shantanukumar847 wrote:

Hey Ben,

How is the Gym that you found in QB.
How much do they charge for a month ?
Do they have free weights section ?
Where do you usually hangout?

I'm coming to Mauritius soon and will be living in QB
Hope you can hep me with my questions ?

Shantanu

thanks a ton terence  :)

How is the market in QB. Do we get every household and grocery things ?

Thanks

Quatre Bornes is mini India ,, you will get everything that you get in India easily in Quatre Bornes. I am currently in India, I will PM you my contact number, you can call me for any help or information on Mauritius.

Cheers

shantanukumar847 wrote:

thanks a ton terence  :)

How is the market in QB. Do we get every household and grocery things ?

Thanks

hi.i am planning to move to QB from jan. plz lemme knoe if you have any recommendations for me. thanks