Resident to Citizen (2 year 'continuous permanence in CR' problem)

Hi guys:

I have been married to a Tica for 7 years now. And have been a resident in CR (with a cedula and caja social dues) for 3.5 years... I would like to apply for naturalization/citizenship but apparently I have to prove that I have been physically living in the country for 2 full years.

I have not been living in CR full time (just visiting quite often). So, at the moment it would be difficult to prove the 2 year permanence.

Can you please tell me - at the time of application (after 2 years of 'continuous permanence in CR') which documents are actually required to prove the '2 year permanence'; (a) entry/exit stamps from the passport? (is that the main proof required?); (b) any governmental reports?; (c) any documents such as bills, rental agreements, etc.? Can you please elaborate...

While I am in CR and am doing the '2 years continuous permanence' - do I have the right to leave CR for few days/weeks/months? (Can I go on a vacation/personal/business trip away from CR for a short period of time?) What are the requirements exactly?

Any ideas? Please help.

Thank you kindly,

Mike

Hello Mike.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope other members will be able to help you soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie