HELP wanted for artist

Dear users!!
  im an artist living in Cyprus ,i specialize in carving on wood and other natural objects. My dream since long,long time is to find
a sources to buy a fruit growing in Senegal on the Calabash Tree. CALABASH GOURD.
im interested in buying +- 20 a year .the size of the fruit is close to a size of a basketball or bigger .please if anyone know anything about it ,like where to buy ,how to ship etc.let me know
                                              sincerely ,Delianita

Hello Delianita.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Well 43 ppl so far sow that message and no respond at all ? :) please if any one can direct me for where can i get some info ... all the best to u all love :)

Hello and GREETINGS from Senegal!

Actually those vines usually grow in the southern region of Senegal, Casamance specifically. People sell them here but cut in half already.  Smaller ones are used to make musical instruments.  I know this because I am an artist and West African instrument manufacturer as well and have used calabash gourds many a day for koras.

That being said, I have just acquired a new property for a Anglophone speaking youth hostel here in Dakar.  I will be putting a microjardin (organic garden) in the back.  If you haven't gotten any yet I'd be willing to plant them and send to you. 

You can contact me directly at [email protected] and we can work it out.

Sincerely,

Sineta George
SenegalStyle

DELIAnita wrote:

Dear users!!
  im an artist living in Cyprus ,i specialize in carving on wood and other natural objects. My dream since long,long time is to find
a sources to buy a fruit growing in Senegal on the Calabash Tree. CALABASH GOURD.
im interested in buying +- 20 a year .the size of the fruit is close to a size of a basketball or bigger .please if anyone know anything about it ,like where to buy ,how to ship etc.let me know
                                              sincerely ,Delianita