ONLINE BOOKING BUS TICKET

Has anyone know a site for online bus ticket booking for the itinerary: HCMC-NA TRANG?

Thanks,

Anne

At TET, ALL transportation is EXTREMELY BUSY. Especially just before and just after Tet.

You can contact Mai Linh at:
Mai Linh Express
Office: 292, Dinh Bo Linh Street, Ward 26,
Binh Thanh District, TP HCM
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: Operator ticketing: 08-3929-2929

They have booking offices on Le Hong Phong Street and on Ha Bai Trung Street, opposite the Park Hyatt.

Both seated and sleeper buses are available. THEY ARE SAFE - the buses from Pham Ngu Lao are the KILLERS.

take the overnight train, it is safer and you wake up after a good nights sleep. Go for a soft sleeper...you can get tickets at the train station much cheaper than online.

panda7 wrote:

... and you wake up after a good nights sleep. Go for a soft sleeper...you can get tickets at the train station much cheaper than online.

Leave at 20.30H and arrive around 02.00-03.00H - and you talk about safe?

Not a good plan.

the train arrives 5am and is usually late by an hour so more like 6am, so it is very safe...I have done it several times.

Which one is more safe? Train or bus?

I am speaking only English and of course if the first time that i travel to Vietnam and alone.

the train in the soft sleeper births is very safe, there are train staff on each carriage, you can also ask to be put with other women I think.

the bus can be considered dangerous as you are relying on a vietnamese driver ! and the buses run during the night which could be more dangerous. So personally I would tend to avoid night bus trips.

The overnight train is definitely the way to go as you get a good night sleep but just be aware of arrival times, the one from HCMC to Nha Trang gets in around 5.30am which is fine.

so if you can make sure to book a soft sleeper birth and bottom bunk (there are 4 beds in the birth). The hard sleeper is cheaper but not as comfortable and can be dirty.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Anne

The real advantage of the train.... over the bus... is that the train isn't honking it's horn every 5 seconds....

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum pls]

Try the sinhcafe
sinhcafe.net/Bus.aspx