Need some info regarding Philippines immigration

Hi there, I hope someone can help me out here.

I am a Canadian citizen from Toronto (lived here for most of my life). My husband is also a Canadian citizen. I am in the healthcare administration field and he is a finance grad gearing up for his MBA while working as a chef. We are in our late 20s-mid 30s. We are interested to take a break from life in the Western world and migrate to another country in the Southeast Asia region in a few years and so have started researching. We're considering Philippines and would like to know the immigration process. We're more interested in obtaining a PR status rather than just live there on Visa and rely on an employer to sponsor us (I know it's a very hard case to proove why a stranger is better than a local to do a job. It's the same here in Canada Being a permanent resident will make things easier).

What do we need to have or do, how much $ do we need to have in our account...etc to have permission to land in the country and how many years do we have to stay there to obtain Permanent Residency? Also how is the job market there concering the healthcare, business/finance or even tourism/hospitality industry? None of us have any Philippino background (our families are from South Asia).

Since both of you are foreigners, you need to stay at least 10 years plus the normal, gainful work, your children should be studying here (that would be a plus), plus the usual, no criminal records from his/her country and PH.
At this time, should be keeping your tax records, since this is definitely required.
You have to get a immigration lawyer, since this has to be applied in court.
It is not so expensive as in the other countries.

There is also another option for retirees.  But I guess you are still young for that.

Thanks for replying! And what if we want to live and work in the PH for a few years (short period of time as opposed to obtaining a full PR status)? What are the requirements? How do we find jobs there while living in Canada? Do we must have a job offer before landing in PH?

Sorry if I'm asking a lot of (obvious) questions. I've never had to deal with anything like this. I came to Canada as a kid (parents dealt with paperwork). I grew up here, studied and even got married here. I sponsored my husband but he was already in Canada. So you can imagine my level of curiosity and concern about migrating somewhere completely new!