Speaking Spanish

What is the best way to learn Spanish? Should I take a course at the local community college, get private lessons or order a course-in-a-box (i.e. Rosetta Stone)?

I got a "franklin Spanish Master /MaestroIngles" pocket translator. It was $100.00 15 years ago and you type a word in either in spanish or english and it translates for you , it even has a feature that says the word correctly. I used to wander around typing the words I saw on signs and etc. then practice talking to the street vendors who seemed happy that someone was trying to learn their language . I had a pocket book too that was spanish/english.. I had two translators one had a lot of phrases in it and might be helpfull,for carrying on a conversation.. I uesd to say " ir mass depasio porfavor" mmeaning go more slowly please , it got smiles and I found Mexican folks are so very friendly , some are a little shy so ,you might want to ask street venders , they are used to our bad accents. These translators may be in spanish ,not Latino. but the difference is minimal.. The main thing tell the locals your learning and they will love you for it.
I bought mine at Thriftys in us. Tere must be a zillion of them on line by now
Good luck..

you can go on line with Babbel or Habla Ya

I think the answer is how best do you learn?

They have 'home schooling' as well as tutors that come to your door.  Living with a local and speaking nothing but Spanish which some people do for a week or two or even a month I hear is a great way to learn.  Habla Ya does home schooling as well as online teaching.

I guess it also depends on how much you want to spend.  And who is teaching you Spanish.  Not all spanish is created equal.  We've been told time and time again that if you want to learn proper Spanish find someone from Colombia or Ecuador.  In Chile for example they use slang spanish and abbreviate a lot of words.  You get used to it but it's not the type of spanish that will help you if you are just learning. 

Have fun!