Which country has the best food???

This year, I'm thinking to make a new travel resolution... Wanna visit a country with the best food (culinary tourism)....Any suggestion???

Well, if you like a variety of foods (like me) then that would be difficult on which country to visit. Here in the USA I usually enjoy many dishes which are mostly American recipes (fast foods excluded), but if i researched their history i'm sure that i'd find they came from immigrants. Foods here are so diverse and have been influenced by practically every culture on the planet.
Let me know what country(ies) you come up with. I'd love to know. Happy research!:)

England.

You can get food from almost every country in the world by going to any major city.

I think every major city in the world has food from over the world.

Primadonna wrote:

Not really.
You must go to cities where there are large immigrant populations from all over the world.
That doesn't apply to most.

Chiness & egyptian food in my opinion are the best

mostafa zaghlol wrote:

North Indian/Pakistani/Bangladesh hits the spot for me.

You must try chiness , same like bangladesh but more tasty

mas fred wrote:
mostafa zaghlol wrote:

North Indian/Pakistani/Bangladesh hits the spot for me.

mas fred wrote:
Primadonna wrote:

Not really.
You must go to cities where there are large immigrant populations from all over the world.

Maybe you are right but keep in mind that the food from the origin country is not the same elsewhere, most of the time it is a bad imitation.

Ontopic: there is a saying that you can not argue about taste.
What you like is for somebody else a bad experience.
I am in love with the Italian, Spanish, Arabic and Asian cuisine.

Singapore - unbeatable for the variety and availability of good food!
It's also cheaper there than in most other countries (of course, your native Indonesia excluded!).

Pakistani/Indian cusine is the best (in my openion) which covers spicy, saltish and sweet dishes.. ranges from sea food to BBQ... Rice variety to gravies... I recommend Lamb Chops Bar-BQ :)

besides that, Labanise cousine also has delicious food  :)

Also Not to forget about "Biryani" Trade mark of Pakistani / North Indian cuisine... :)

Primadonna wrote:
mas fred wrote:
Primadonna wrote:

Not really.

Maybe you are right but keep in mind that the food from the origin country is not the same elsewhere, most of the time it is a bad imitation.

Ah, sorry, wrong again.

But, there's a but......

You have to get to know people from the countries you want to try the food from.
UK Chinese food is not even close to most actual Chinese food but, when you get to know enough people, you get to try the real thing.
I've had seaweed that was sent direct from Fujian and a lot of other stuff most people never get to try.

mostafa zaghlol wrote:

You must try chiness , same like bangladesh but more tasty

Dude, I was eating so much Chinese food, I learnt to speak Mandarin.
Really, I did.

indian and moroccan food ;)

@ Masfred: I wrote: most of the time, I didn't wrote: always.
You can't deny that the most of the people goes to the restaurants that I mentioned before.

"To Each Their Own"...
I know a vegetarian who swore carrots were the best foods on earth.
Many in this forum don't touch pork. How food tastes depends how long you haven't eaten or hungry you are...
wherever you may be!

http://www.urbanfoodlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/2011-09-14_18-52-30_160.jpg
Brazilian food is delicious, there's their world famous CHURRASCO (barbeque), Feijoada a traditional black bean dish created by the slaves, seafood dishes, and vegetable dishes. The country is very large and has numerous regional dishes that are mouthwatering. Brazil, One country - Many flavours

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Would like to try brazilian food

its hard to say which country have got best food depend wht u like.
all countries have good food cause its different

U-S-A, U-S-A.

Because 95% of the population is descended from immigrants, you get food from all over the world.  American food is really just a mix of everyone else's food in much larger sizes.

For those not familiar with Brazilian cuisine check out my postings below:

Traditional Brazilian Recipes https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=230521

My Traditional Brazilian Recipes for your Christmas Dinner  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=212709

You will love them all I'm sure.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

I should say that each counrty have their own specialty. It really depends on your taste. But i must say, Philippines! :)

I prefer vegetarian but sometimes I eat meat, still prefer the filipino foods as long as theres no oink oink in my foods :D

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR