New in town seeking female friends

Just moved to Essaouira with Moroccan partner. Looking for English speaking friends (I am from Australia, only speak English, and making an effort to learn French and Moroccan arabic real quick!!!!) especially in need of female company in this masculine dominated country :)
I am a primary teacher by trade. In Australia I teach Indigenous students in the remote parts of NT. Here, I have just taken over a small guest house outside the medina from a Dutch friend. She has moved to Marakech :( 
Am interested in joining yoga or pilates group if there is one in town :/

Hello Maureencurran.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hi Maureencurran

I ,too , have just arrived in Morocco (Tangier) and am from Tassie. Just wanted to say welcome  and feel free to contact me for a  chat.

Seataz

im from essaouira to and i study english in marrakesh i can meet you if i get there

Hey how are you?? I moved here to Essaouira in September from America...I teach Zumba and Yoga at one of the Local Gyms just near La Maison Gourmande...Do you know it?? If you visit that pastry shop you will find the flyer for my classes on the table. It would be great to meet you. I hope you are enjoying your stay here...
Mahatara

Hello Mahatara > i invite you to register you in the business directory. Thank you.

--------------------

Just to remind the subject of this discussion is "New in town seeking female friends"

Thank you,
Christine

Thank you for your suggestion Christine....However i  am new in town and i am looking to meet other English speaking woman in Essaouira. The woman i responded too asked about yoga and it just so happens that i teach yoga....Thanks

Hey Maureen!!  Welcome to Morocco.  :)

I'm from California, and moved to Morocco with my husband to Mohammedia (just north of Casablanca) a few years ago.  I love it!  There's lots to do, and a lot of cool ladies in the Casablanca region. If you're ever in the area, drop me a line (Ill look for you on Facebook). :)

You should definitely join the 'American and English speaking women living on Morocco' group on Facebook too. It's great for networking!!  Good luck gal.

Ps.  My name on Facebook is Christina Georghiou Mamdouhe. Feel free to add me!!  There are too many Maureen Currans on there lol... :)

hi,I'm a Canadian. Ive been learning Morocaan via facebook.I'll try to find the link to the free grammar book IN ENGLISH.

Hi Maureen

I am also from Australia and will be moving to Essaouira very soon.  We are coming for a holiday in October and it would be really nice to meet with a fellow Aussie and chat about how you are finding life in Morocco.  I hope its going well for you.  Send me message through here or look for me on Facebook. My name on there is Anna Louise McGrath.

Salam alleukum

Anna

Hey i am dutch, just move here I am in need of female friends aswel l, I am maried to a moroccan man who manages 2 hostels here.We have a dauhter of nine months. I want to do the same things as you. Learn french and a little arabic, and find a place to do yoga and bellydance. I also would love to learn maroccan kitchen. I am surounded by toerist all the time but they rarely stay long. I am 26. My name is Eva.:)

Hi

I will be in Essaouira from middle of October and it would be nice to meet with the ladies who posted on here.  I too have a little girl (with my moroccan husband) and I will be in essaouira for about 10 weeks.

my email is [email protected]

please get in touch if you fancy meeting up

Anna

Hello there, I am English living in Agadir,
wishing you every  success in your new venture,

Hey Eva!i'm Nida from Casablanca.If you're looking for some local friends,give me sign,this is my email address: [email protected]

have a great day!

Hey I moved to Essaouira last year from America. I love it here the people are wonderful. I teach Zumba at one of the local gyms here intown. We have class on Monday and Friday at 3pm. the woman are great and it would be an easy place to meet a lot of local woman....Let me know if your interested I can meet you at a café or something... my number is 06-13-59-68-63.....take care

Hi Darwin
A yoga teacher in Taghazout, I would like to move to Essouira and offer classes there.  Like you I need to find female friends too!
My art page  is on facebook-  Anois Art.

Best wishes

Kathryn.

Hi, I too would like to make acquaintance with female friends. I am currently in between London and Essa, I eventually would like to settle the only thing slowing it down for me right now is my kids schooling.
I will be in Essa for the festival and again in July and August.

Yoga would be great too, I usually go to a lady who is just by the fishing docks in a Gym under the Ramparts.

I would love to hear from some women as I agree, pretty difficult to make friends with girls in Morocco if you're not moroccan. So far I have 0-10 ratio of girls-boys :D