I'm considering working in Dammam,KSA. But I have few questions...

Hi! I would be having my interview with an employer from Dammam, KSA. I have some concerns. Well, it is not my first time to go out of country, but it would be my first time to work overseas. By the way, i am from a country in South East Asia, with Bachelor's degree and work experience. Age:25

Here are my concerns:
1. Is it safe to live and work in Dammam, KSA?
2. How much is the basic salary? tax?
3. How much should I get if I would be working as an Executive Administrator?(Administrative/clerical/management work)

I am looking forward to your help.
And I hope I'll catch the Employer's attention and get the job.
Thanks!
Have a wonderful year!

bendv wrote:

Hi! I would be having my interview with an employer from Dammam, KSA. I have some concerns. Well, it is not my first time to go out of country, but it would be my first time to work overseas. By the way, i am from a country in South East Asia, with Bachelor's degree and work experience. Age:25

Here are my concerns:
3. How much should I get if I would be working as an Executive Administrator?(Administrative/clerical/management work)

Thanks!
Have a wonderful year!

Hello

Welcome to Saudi Arabia

I can answer one of your questions, and will leave the rest for others to help

yes it is very safe, safer than most places in the world.

regards

Ans:
1. Depends on who you ask... the first day we got here, we were stopped by a Saudi national asking for the drivers license and Iqama. I dont know the culture back then, but Ive been here for a month and I think its pretty safe, if your someone that knows the culture and such...
2. There are no taxes... as far as I know... what ever money you signed for will be the money you get...
3. Depends on the employer... if the company is well established, it should pay better... but its not true for all. Make sure you get what you want... before I left, I took interviews from 5 different employers and made them bid for me. First offer was 1700, by the time of the 5th interview, I got it up to 2500 SAR. But thats still high for a newcomer, I was told.

Anyway, whatever you decide, good luck.

the most safest country on eath .. u can imagin on earth ever.. respect safty and welth all is yours if ur real and gentel person ...

Thanks Sir. I hope I'll get the job.

Thanks for all your help. I'll let you know once I get the job. Have a good one!

bendv wrote:

Here are my concerns:

Thanks!
Have a wonderful year!

Here is what I think:

1. Yes, by all means. But its not the safest country on earth or anything like that. Your freedom is restricted and if you live by the rules of the country you are going to be just fine.

2. There is no tax, what you sign for is what you get. Salary is dependednt on nationals and negotiation skills rather than ability. So what you get is more or less dependent on you.

I dont know how much you should ask, but you will need atleast 3000SR just to survive per month. Inclusive of house rent, food, taxi, mobile, internet. (If you can find shared apartment, cook food and someone to drive you by, you can further down the expenses by around a 1000.)

Now is your chance to negotiate and get a good pay package. once you come here there is no negotiation.

I can't answer about salary  properly, But as much I know basic jobs start from 3000 onwards, It's safe but not very safe. You can get your mobile stolen, if you leave laptop in car, it can get stolen, Leaving you car key inside it can get it stolen, Lot of reckless driving here, Lot of locals treat expats with less respect specially in coming from india, pakistan etc. But not all people are bad, If you get into accident there will be hordes of people there before you can even realize what happen to help you. It is bit boring country but you can always go to bahrain to watch movies in cinema etc.

I was offer 2300SR mo. basic salary but i'm required to roam around  Dammam since I'll be working as a Bakery Sales Executive. Is is safe for a filipino to work as a sales executive there? Big thanks buddy.

It's would be better if a Philippinos answers you, Because he or she can tell you from experience. There are quiet few Philippinos here, Don't think it's dangerous, If your worried about terrioist (or been discriminated because or religion) don't worry much, Small thieves (mobil snatching) or robbery (very rare) can happen to anyone here (expats). By the way 2300 salary is low. Are there any benefits with it?

Thanks for the reply. They raised the offer to 4500SR from 2300SR basic salary. Housing is still at 783SR. This is on top of 30 days vacation leave a year and 80% insurance on company account. No food allowance stated in the offer letter. Is this a competitive offer already?

I would say yes... bring a broom (walis tambo) when you get here. You'll thank me later.

@soul_crafter316, salamat, Big thanks. I'll be holding bakery accounts. Do you think bakery owners are educated enough that they understand english? Is is safe to be a sales executive there? I don't get the 'tamb' thing? hehehe, sorry

Hi Sir:

Good day.

Just to ask if 2400SR is ideal salary in Dammam not included House accomodation and transportation allowance?Thanks God bless

Depends on what your job is, It enough to live but not good for family, By live I mean just have enough to eat, go around and buy something every month.

bendv wrote:

Hi!

1. First off, it is far safer in Dammam than in Manila. I was robbed in Manila, but never here in Damma or Khobar. If you are 25 years old and mestizo, try to dress up appropriately or manly. Otherwise, a few people here might take you for a "beke", and you are sure to catch attention. Not that it's bad. It's just that you will be flooded with "manliligaw". So now you know. :)

Other than that, everything is OK.

2. With regard to basic salaries for expatriates, there is no minimum wage here. You can get as low as SR 600 for the basic. But you need not worry because that was for the people doing labor jobs. In your case, if it is administrative in nature, well... It really depends on the company and how bad they want you. Most people I know who come from Manila (or the "Southeast Asian Nation") who speak and write Business English well earn around SR 2,500 basic salary. There is no income taxation in Saudi Arabia, as far as I am concerned.

Exchange rate is somewhere at SR 1.00 = PHP 11.90, as of writing.

3. Frankly, I started out as an Executive Secretary to the CEO. But that was four or five years ago. I was earning a little higher than U$ 1K (basic) then. They offered me SR 2K initially but I managed to make them give it before the interview ended. I now work as an Administration officer, but the job is very demanding. The pay is rewarding, even by Saudi standards.

The salary you can fetch depends largely on how well you do at an interview. You make a good impression, and you're in for a nice ride.

If you need more details about the culture here, you can ask me privately. I'll share my personal experiences and so on... The best of luck!

Richtman.A,

Housing allowance is 25% of the Basic Salary, and transportation allowance is around 10% to 15% of the basic: That's on monthly basis. Many companies offer housing and transportation instead of paying out the allowances.

A studio-type apartment in Dammam can cost you around SR 800.00 to SR 1,500.00 per month. The cost depends on the location, the amenities and the condition of the building. If you think it's a little off the budget, then you can look for  rooms for rent. Many "Pinoys" rent a room for SR 600.00 to SR 700.00 monthly.

With regard to your basic salary, it really depends on how much the company can give you and how well you did at an interview. With a SR 2,500.00 monthly budget and excessive thrift and you are good to go for a start. Just make sure you know how to cook. Veges and fruits here are fresh and cheap.

bendv wrote:

Here are my concerns:

Hey Buddy !!

Are you in the Kingdom already..  :/  People have been replying to you post till date ... 1 Year now..  :unsure

How about you reply to us in regards to your questions.. & your feedback ... What say  ;)

Let us know what you think about here than what you heard from all of us  :top:

Waiting to hear from you soon  :cheers:

gonzrule wrote:

A studio-type apartment in Dammam can cost you around SR 800.00 to SR 1,500.00 per month. The cost depends on the location, the amenities and the condition of the building. If you think it's a little off the budget, then you can look for  rooms for rent. Many "Pinoys" rent a room for SR 600.00 to SR 700.00 monthly.

I'm surprised that you can get a studio-type apartment for SR 800 to SR 1,500 in Saudi Arabia (or Damman specifically). I live in Doha and with QR 800, it would only afford me a bedspace.