Where to buy a property in Hurghada

[Moderated: no free ads pls]

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : No external link. Please post an advert in the Flats for sale in Hurghada section of the website.

El Gouna is an amazing place whether to spend a holiday or to live there. There you can find all what you need through amazing temperature and full equipped city with many hotels, restaurants and bars. You can rent a suitable apartment and there is hospital and international school. bookelgouna.com/en/view_apartment/west-golf-el-gouna-red-sea-for-short-or-long-term-rental/

Yes sounds good but prices are a million pounds lol

Hello Sandra
My name is Stella and Im new to this site, I too am thinking of moving to Hurghada from the uk and also woukd be living alone.
It is very daunting but I will be in Hurghada from the 22nd March until the 5th April so hopefully will be able to view some apartments.
Firstly I was thinking to use the apartment if bought as a holiday home first with a view to live there in a couple of years.
Any advice would be appreciated as I too seem to be wanting to follow in the path youve already chosen.
I really dont have a clue to the best areas for affordability, safety etc also I wouldnt want to feel isolated either.

Regards

Stella

Hi

My advice to you would be very careful. Unfortunately there are a number of people in Egypt who do not have the same ethical standards as Europeans.

Also last year the rules on getting a visa changed so people who even own properties are having problems obtaining a visa in some cases.

Make sure that the person selling you the property not only owns the land but has also registered it with the government. Known as a Green contract.

Due to two revolutions & non Egyptians selling up due to the visa problems there are thousands of properties for sale at the moment. Estate agents class Hurghada any where from Makadi (some 30km away from the town) to El Gouna (again some 30 km away)

My advice to you would be to buy in a gated community where there is good security which is on a good bus route. As to where that will depends on your budget & how quiet you want the area which you live in to be.

Good luck

Ps I live in Esplanada Residence in the Memsha

Hello Zoe
Thank you for replying, iam coming to Hurghada in March so hopefully can look at some properties. If I tale the plunge I was going to go with Gxxxx  based in London or another English property agent who apparently sort everything out for you. Ie lawyers , paperwork etc. Its still very daunting though who to know is the best and which ones to trust as I know theres lots of unscrupulous ppl about. I,m still just looking at the moment but anymore ad vice would be appreciated on who to go with etc as Its such a big step and I need to be sure.

Regards

Stella

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please register in the business directory. Do not promote your own services on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi I am not around from 14/3-19/3 as I will be in Europe. Also we have to plan a trip to Luxor for the charity but apart from that I am around if you want to 'pick my brains'. I bought my first property in Hurghada in 2006. But have been living in Egypt in other cities for 39 years.

Hi Zoe,
I am Tracy, Ex Pat working in Luxor, If I can help with your visit here please let me know.

Hi I run a charity and some of our beneficiaries are in the villages around Luxor. I lived in Luxor for ten years so know the area very well thank you. Have a good week

You too Zoe.

Hi I'm the seam like you moving from Hurghada to Cairo saling my villa and studio in a real best place in Hurghada if you would like to know about it .
With my best regards