Moving to Sohar

Hi there, I maybe moving to Sohar in a couple of months. I have been offered a job in Sohar. The pay offered is around 2500 OR.  Will it be enough for a family of 2. Also I need info whether I can get my parents along once I get a family visa. Thanks in advance.

Docsac wrote:

Hi there, I maybe moving to Sohar in a couple of months. I have been offered a job in Sohar. The pay offered is around 2500 OR.  Will it be enough for a family of 2. Also I need info whether I can get my parents along once I get a family visa. Thanks in advance.

welcome to Oman

ur getting good offer and it is enough for a family

HELLO,

WELCOME to Sohar! It 's a big city ,very quite but untill now not too much developped. If you obtain 2500 rials monthly , it s very good for here! I think you are an ingenieur.... or may be a doctor.
FOR visa for your parents, it depend of the  nationality.. I know for europeen or american... they can  have a touristic visa.. for one month and they can renouvel again one month.
  For some countries, it s more complicated..you must do more certificats  and administratives ways..by omanaise authorities.

I live in Sohar since one year and half... I am french.. and lebanese..also...I opened a lebanese restaurant in SOHAR, IN Sohar street.. My parents also came to visit me and  help me .
  I hope my help will be benefit for you,
  May be see you later,

KARIJ