Rental property

Hi! I am seeking information about Costa Rica as a place to live for at least 4 months a year.  We would like quote prices on a place to sleep 2-4 people with kitchenette (stove and refrigerator), furnished apartment, condo or house. AGE 55+.  We would rather cook our own food and be close to beach in a secure area.  If anyone had info, we would greatly appreciate.

The replies that you get will not be that great.  To rent something you need to be in Costa Rica and do it locally.  It will take time to figure out where you want to live as the climate is EXTREMELY diverse.  Looking at Craig's list or other on line prices will be skewed to the higher end which may or may not be to your suiting.
Cheers .... Terry

Hi Terry!
Thanks for the info.  From what I see, you have been there before and you know what is going on.  I appreciate this.  We would be looking at the more modest rates.  Yes, I have been looking on line and the prices were pretty steep.  I don't know about the weather conditions either.  Is it like being on one side of the island being totally different from the other or the weather changes dramatically from one day to the other?

There are approximately 12 micro-climates in Costa Rica.  Sometimes traveling 1/2 an hour changes the weather drastically.
An in depth visit is the only way to decide what is right for you.
http://www.infocostarica.com/nature/microclimates.html
http://www.govisitcostarica.com/travelI … imates.asp
The above two links gives an idea of the extremes.
Cheers .... Terry

Hi, we will be moving to the Atenas and Grecia area. We plan on renting a furnished small house or an Apt., Would it be wise to work through a local Realtor or wing it on your own?

If it were me I would find something short term such as a nice small B&B to use as a base and then start talking with the locals.  Check local bulletin boards, talk with taxi drivers, people who work in soda shoppes etc. I would avoid "so called" realtors.  Just my two colones worth.

Hi, sounds like a plan, I believe that I have a line on a B&B and they said that they will hook us up with the local taxi driver for a couple days. Thanks Jerry

I have a realtor that found my rental, she charged the owner not me, if you interested she works all around San Jose Heredia etc.

Thanks,but I think that I will first scope out Atenas with the local taxi driver there,but if unsuccessful I will try your suggestion.thanks. Jerry

Hello EL CID DAD!
can you please give me the name of your realtor?
and your still thinking about leaving Costa Rica?
Thank you!

A B&B sounds nice but I'm looking for a long term furnished place
A B&B sounds more expensive than renting.

Leti    She only speaks Spanish but she is a whirlwind, just tell her your budget, I got a 900 a month place brand new 4 bedroom, for 700 a month        88720210    22289551