Learning Bahasa!

hi all!

I will be moving to Jakarta in the near future and when I get there I want to start learning the local language. I believe that is Bahasa?

Can anyone give me advice of a good local school or individual who can teach bahasa to an english speaking person? I will be living around Kuningun.

Cheers and thanjs for any help!! =)

Not Kuningun...but Kuningan :p

Try this
IALF Jakarta
Plaza Kuningan, Menara Selatan, 3rd floor
Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said Kav C 11-14
Jakarta 12940
Tel. (62-21) 521-3350
Fax (62-21) 521-3349

anna2003 wrote:

Not Kuningun...but Kuningan :p

Haha Agreed!! My Bad! I guess I am now officially learning to spell as well :P

Thanks cjuliana, will check it out when I touched down in Jakarta!

Cazual wrote:

Thanks cjuliana, will check it out when I touched down in Jakarta!

where do u live? epicentrum kuningan?

private bahasa teacher is available and easily to get for 10-20 USD per hour depending on experience and set of courses...I currently teach one for about that fee ...or you can see on the classified section, there are some bahasa teachers that up for teaching..

Have fun learning :-)

Welcome to Jakarta Cazual :D and yup happy learning ;)

[Moderated: Please post in Classifieds > classes section]

Hi Cazual :)

Would like to welcome you for coming to Indonesia and thanking you for learning "Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian Language)", but so you know bahasa means language in English, so if you are looking to speak " Bahasa " it's not complete yet as it's only known for Language.

Good point Dewi especially when considering that there are hundreds of various indigenous languages in Indonesia. 

As you say, the term “bahasa” is meaningless unless immediately followed by the name of the specific language and that applies to foreign languages as well.

@ubudian: thank you,you are very kind :)

Yes, it also goes for every language in the world as it should be followed with the name of the foreign languages.

But like every other foreign language it is not necessary to say e.g: "I speak Spanish Language ", because you can say "I Speak Spanish " so it is okay when the foreigners in Indonesia say " I speak Indonesian ".