Birthing classes in Paris

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for birthing, baby basics and breastfeeding classes in Paris. I'm currently 6 months along. Also, does anyone know of any prenatal yoga classes? recommendation s for hospitals for the birth will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Elena

Hi Elena,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope other members will be able to advise you .

Hello! I have just posted a topic on this. I am a registered nurse and midwife moving to Paris at the end of the month. I'll be starting my own business in ante natal classes, infant massage, happiest baby on the block classes, baby wellness, breast feeding support and nanny training. Send me a message if I can help you with anything :) all classes will be in English

eli5rose wrote:

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for birthing, baby basics and breastfeeding classes in Paris. I'm currently 6 months along. Also, does anyone know of any prenatal yoga classes? recommendation s for hospitals for the birth will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Elena

Hi !

You can try the french-british hospital. But you should do it quickly as the maternity in Paris are always full and the demand is very important.
I've no idea about the classes and yoga but you should get a lot on google !
Here the link for the british maternity :
http://www.ihfb.org/fr/inside.php?id=85

Good luck !

Hi Meags,

Thanks for your reply. I will be singing up for all of the classes you have to offer. I'm due May 1st, so I hope I can take them in March or early April. Please, keep me posted as I'm very anxious. I'm surprised that these are non-existent in France. They are the norm here in the US and everyone takes them.
Cheers,
Elena

Thanks for all the info, Emmapeel87.
I'll look into it.

Are you currently in USA? I am qualified from South Africa and lived in Miami the last 2 years! Yes normal classes in most countries but it seems France isn't very focused on a personalized birth experience or care after the birth either. I think a lot of mothers return to work so perhaps they don't feel the need to participate in such things. The births here are very medicalized too. Are you hoping for the more natural route?

Where in Paris will you be based? Please don't feel anxious :) we will get you the information and help you want and need!

Meags wrote:

Are you currently in USA? I am qualified from South Africa and lived in Miami the last 2 years! Yes normal classes in most countries but it seems France isn't very focused on a personalized birth experience or care after the birth either. I think a lot of mothers return to work so perhaps they don't feel the need to participate in such things. The births here are very medicalized too. Are you hoping for the more natural route?

Where in Paris will you be based? Please don't feel anxious :) we will get you the information and help you want and need!

The birth are not that medicalized, depends where you give birth, depends your midwife... Thats why I recommend the british hospital in Levallois Perret as it's more like in UK. You can have a birth plan etc...
I'm living in Scotland, and the prenatal classes are actually the same than in France. The main difference is maybe about the "lactation consulting" after birth or the way the pain is managed during the labour. That's true in France we do a lot of epidural for an exemple. But if you don't want it it's not mandatory at all.
But so far I didn't mention any very big differences.

eli5rose wrote:

Thanks for all the info, Emmapeel87.
I'll look into it.

You're welcome. My friend gave birth 2 times with them and she was really happy. If you fancy a natural birth like in UK or US it's gonna be the best place in Paris. Otherwise you have the American Hospital but it's really really expensive and it's not cover by mutuelle or health insurance.
Avoid the Port Royal Maternity, they are very great for complicated pregnancy but if you want the natural route it's not what you gonna get in there.

Hello I too am looking for antenatal classes and to connect with other ladies who are expecting. I am due on the 25th December.

Hello

I am guessing from the date of your post that you may now be in Paris. I would love to come along to your classes I am in Paris now and am really nervous about being away from the hand holding and level of choice and support of the NHS

I am sure I will feel better soon when my hormones settle down and I have only been here 3 days!

Please get in touch when your classes start :)

Hi Meags,

Are you still offering birthing classes? My husband and I are living in Paris and looking for a childbirth, etc class(es) to take before our baby comes in September. We want to find one in English, and the hospital where we're registered to have the babe (Franco-Britannique) appears to be filled up as far as classes in English. I think your previous posting was from a few years ago, just curious if you're still offering courses.

Thanks!

Hilary

Mrsnic and hilarystrom I'm going to inbox you both as soon as my son goes down for his nap shortly :)

Hi there,

Just saw you message on your birthing classes, do you still offer them in Paris? I'd love to know more!

Cheers!

Hello

Please email me on blingmeags at hotmail dot com for more information

Hi there,

I see you are a midwife who has moved to Paris. I am also a midwife and will be moving beginning of November. I would really like to continue being a midwife in Paris and would be interested to know more about your business, how you went about insurance etc. It will be a while before I can practice I imagine as I have to learn French first. If there would be any way to meet with you. Even if just to meet another midwife! I would love to.

Many thanks,

Leila

@ Leila > Please note that this is a very old topic (2013)

Thank you,

Priscilla

I know this topic is very old, but posting for any future parents looking for help!

My website is www.bump-and-beyond.net
there you will find all the services I offer in english :)