Any Indian Expats in Arusha

Heylo There,

I have recently moved to Arusha, Tanzania from Calcutta, India. I am here working as a graphic and web designer. I feel very bored when I am back home as, I have not been able to make any friends around here.

The main reason for this post is that I looking forward to meet some Indian expats here in Arusha. But in case, you are not an Indian and would still like to be my friend. Please feel free to reply or send me a message.

Hope to see some replies..

Cheers,
Nicholas!

Hello Nicholas.

This page could help perhaps => Indian expatriates in Tanzania. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Halo Nicholas,

I am from Kolkata, planing to join Afrisian Ginning Ltd, at Der us salam in March 2013.

regards,

Jayanta

Okay.. Karibu Tanzania! :)

Dear Mr N S Hussain,

Can you tell me about cost of living in Tanzania, Climate, telephone service, banking suitable for Indians.

Please suggest what extra precaution i should take for woring in Tanzania.

Regards,
Jayanta

Hello,

Its summer here at the moment. But it gets a lil chilly in the night, around 17 C, which is really nice. It is a really small place and everything that you would require is at a walking distance.

But if you are very out going and love to party and stuff, this place is not for you. As there is no night life. Moreover, stepping out post 7 o'clock is not a good idea. As it is very risky, and if the locals see you, they might harass you knowing you are a foreigner and that you might have some valuables.

There is a big local market, where you can find all the vegetables, fruits, pulses, grains and what not... there are also some small super markets where you can find all the stuff for your house. And yes, there are many Indian shops where you can find all the grains and pulses and masala that you easily get to buy in India.

There are Indian restaurants too, and yes there is a super market cum shopping mall here Nijro where they show Bollywood and Hollywood movies, they also showcase 3D movies, so you can enjoy some of that..

Hope the info I have provided helps you in your decision making.

Cheers,
Nicholas

Cost of living completely depends on you, cos its you who decides how much you wish to spend on yourself.. for tele-communications.. there is vodacom and airtel.

Both the service providers are good. And as for banking, there is only one Indian bank. Bank of Baroda here in Arusha, but I cannot say about Dar.

Sorry about that.. :(

Dar es Salaam is much more safer than Arusha.

Hi Mr. Jayanta Chaudhuri

have you got offer from Afrisian ginning ? what about the passport. are they asking to submit it. I got news that Afrisian ginning is a fraud company. have you signed any bond with them.

Regards,

Puneet

Dear Mr Puneet,

I have received Employment offer from Mr K M Shetty, Afrisian Ginning Limited (Tel: +801 5555 55555), mentioning Mr Samir Esmail as Director, Afrisian Ginning Limited (Tel: +2557 8476 9132) on 16th January 2013. They not yet asked to submit Passport or sign bond.

May I know the source of your information regarding Afrisian Ginning?

This offer actually initiated by Mr Sachin Agarwal, Sr Executive Naukri e-Hire (Email: [email protected] Info Edge India Ltd (Naukri.com)E2, Sec-1, Noida-201301) Cell number: 9971792826 Phone no.: 0120-4304911

Regards,
Jayanta

Hi Mr. Jayanta Chaudhuri,

I have friends network in Tanzania. they have provided this information to me. between on which profile you have been offererd ?

Regards,
Puneet

Hi Puneet,

They offered employment to me in position – Procurement Manager 

Regards,

Jayanta

Hi Mr. Jayanta Chaudhuri,,

My friends have left this place, because of security issue. what ever you will earn will spend or robbed away. there will not be any saving, as theese companies promised you. infact things will be different to face on actuality basis. in my opinion india is the safest country to work and save the earnings. rest is your wish. u make urs decision.

regards,

Puneet

Hi Mr. Jayanta Chaudhuri,,

There are about morethan 100,000 indians are working and earning here in Dar and Arusha etc.
You are welcome to Dar es Salaam,there is no big problem of robbery,
we have to take care as in India only.

please go ahead with the new offer,all the best
be positive,
please feel free to contact for further assistance,

Regards,
Aneesh Kumar

I agree with Aneesh, I have  been working for the past one month or so. And they people are really friendly out here. But as I said earlier, I'll stick to that, it is a lil risky to step out after dark hours. As most of the time there is no proper street light. But having said all that, I will always welcome you to Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.. As they say here - Hakuna Matata (don't worry!) :)

Regards,
Nicholas!

Hi Mr. Jayanta Chaudhuri,

I agree to Puneet. he is pretty right. I came to Dar for Quality groups. now just after two months i have decided to return back to India. you will not be able to save any thing in this country. there is always a chance to get robbed. evening and night time is pretty risky. you will always feel that you are a slave. it is better to do a small job or business in India than coming over this country. Liberty comes first, which you will loose it here. May God give you right power to justify the things.

Wishes,

Saini

hi this is venkat ,i coming this month ending.my number is 9848339984(india).give me your contact number

i got a job in arusha.can u plz let me now the living in arusha.

Hi,

Arusha is a nice place to live and work.

First of all please let us know that, which co you are going to head? and what is the offer and all? Hope this can help us to brief.

Hai
My name is Satheesh. I got a job offer from Tanelec Company in Arusha for the post of Switchgear Design Engineer. i would like to know about the company and arusha. Hope you can help me. Please sent me the details. Thank you in advance

Hello sknairmnr -> You are a bit off topic here and you already have a similar post : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=230710:/

Thank you,
Aurélie

hi.......,
got a manager job in super market.i would like to know about security in arusha.how about the cost of living and accomdation

Arusha is a safe place! which super market? Village?

No need to worry if you are taking offer for Arusha.

hello n.husain
h r u
h is new life
iam arabian man like to come tz, make water plantfor drinking water. how is drinking water in arusha, is it clean, how much population.
wat good bzns can i do if i come
lets b frend
[email protected]

Hi All

I got a offer for Sales Manager at Dar es Saalam thru my friend. He is at Rawanda for past 3 years. I am looking for accommodation on sharing basis at flats or individual house. Ct no +91-44-9940332453 INDIA. You can find me in Whatapps too.

Regards
Balachander.

Hi,

I am about to move to Shinyanga. I am from Bangalore

Loads of Indians in Arusha - even the cinema plays Bollywood movies everyday so you wont get bored or miss the latest flicks! Drop me a line if you are still here are keen to catch up Im from Maharashtra
[email protected]

Hey..

Yes, im very much in Arusha.. haha.. whats your name bud?

Cheers,
N.

hi Mr.Jayant Chaudhary

my name is saurabh, i got the same offer from afrisian ginning ltd. for the post of procurement manager as you received in the month of january. i want to ask,have u accepted that offer? have you joined that organisation? if you have any details about this organisation thn please share with me your experience.

i have face the interview  for the same post in mumbai which was taken by mr. samir esmail and i got the offer letter on my email id from k.m.shetty.
so, is it reilable organization to join?

Jayanta Chaudhuri wrote:

Hi Puneet,

They offered employment to me in position – Procurement Manager 

Regards,

Jayanta

hi Mr.Jayant Chaudhary

my name is saurabh, i got the same offer from afrisian ginning ltd. for the post of procurement manager as you received in the month of january. i want to ask,have u accepted that offer? have you joined that organisation? if you have any details about this organisation thn please share with me your experience.

any body have any info regarding the AFRISIAN GINNING, DAR ES SALAAM, MR. Jayanta r u joining that co, if so when. can u call me on [Moderated: Please send numbers in private] or mail. "[email protected]"

People who are posting on this topic, are not at all replying to simple question asked.. If they are from India and residing in Arusha.. infact people are asking about security issues, jobs, employers and everything else..

The sole reason, for me to abandon this topic and leave expatblog.com for some time.. I'm back here.. and looking for new friends.. if you have just arrived in Tanzania and looking for a friend.. let me know.

Cheers,
N.

hi

how is life in arusha is there any security issue , i m planing to move there for job opening

Thanks
Kalpesh

how is tanzania for indians