Expat in Vacoas

Hello all, I've just moved to the area from London to take up a new lecturing post and I'm looking to meet people, please get in touch and where one could go. Thank you.

Hello there, Hop you are settling down well over here. I am from London too, on business over here...Feel free to get in touch.

Hello Yasmahmood.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

How was the move?
When did you landed?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello both,
Thank you for your posts.
I'm getting used to the weather as you know it is very different in the UK.
I arrived on Tuesday and I'm staying on Campus where I a teaching until I find suitable accommodation and get to know the Island more.
How are you both finding it?

Hi,

I live near London, its always great to meet new people...

PM me, lets meet for a drink :P

Cheers

Kush

Welcome to Mauritius :)

Give yourself time to settle in, and decide where you want to live, and once you move to your new area, it is surprising how quickly your social life builds up.

We have friends in Vacoas who are also in a University role like yourself and we also have friends who have recently moved from Vacoas to Tamarin and Flic En Flac as they wanted a busier social life as they are single people with no family here in Mauritius.

Good luck and again welcome :)

Thank you very much. Still  settling in and thinking of where to live on the Island.

Hi! Everyone,

Good day! My name is Vivian and I'll be moving to mauritius this coming march. My fiancee is from UK and he's working for aspen. He hope that when I've moved to Mauritius and get to meet some new friends, rather than be a loner. Of course, I wish to meet some new friends in Mauritius as well. I'd been to mauritius once last sept for my birthday and I quite enjoyed the weather and the lifestyle in mauritius. I'm a flight attendant still, but quitting my job soon. I don't think I'm capable to get any job as I'm not even under-graduate. Basically, I have very basic knowledge in general :), hope you don't mind. I'm just a simple, nice and easy going Malaysian chinese girl. I hope we can meet up in the future and spend time for lunch, tea, shopping, social drinks and maybe do some charity activities. Look forward to hear from you. Thank you.

Hi vivian,
welcome to mauritius. We are a couple and could hang out if you want.