Fabric shopping and tailor made

Any recommendations on fabric stores and tailors for women's clothing? Want to get shorts, blouses or dresses made. Thank you in advance!

There is a block perimetered by Hung Bang, Hoc Lac, Tran Hung Dao (Bis-Extension) and Phuong Hung where there are stores overflowing with materials (on rolls) in all the colours of the rainbow.

You have to walk up and down the streets to see all the offerings. The new clothing/cloth market is still under construction.

Once you have made your fabric selections you can then go back to District 1 and check out the tailors there. Your hotel, women friends will know the best ones.

For the fabric, you should try some shop at Thu Khoa Huan street (near Ben Thanh market)
For the tailor, you can try Huong tailor at 57 Thu Khoa Huan.

Ben Thanh market area shops are rip-off prices for Foreigners.

The stores in the area I mentioned above don't discriminate between nationalities - and the prices are the best, they have to be as every store is surrounded by competitors.

How many days is required for them to complete?

I have plenty of time and will definitely be checking out the streets you mentioned Jaitch!

What district is that in? I wish I had an address to show taxi driver.

@ happy2beinindia > Just to inform you that you have posted on a very old thread here (2013)  ;)

Yes i know it is an old post. However when I personally am searching for something I will read old and new posts on the topics. Seriously it is so difficult to find things in HCMC for those of us that do not have access to Vietnamese friends, etc. I live in an expat bubble here but it is not an English speaking expat bubble so these forums are my lifesaver