Importing my cat into Bali - originally from UK

Hi, I've read some other posts about importing pets into Bali which is useful but whats not clear to me is my scenario.  I'd love any help and advice you can offer please

I'm Australian but whilst living in the UK I got my cat.  She has full vaccinations certificates and a pet passport issued in the UK.
I then moved to the UAE (Dubai) where i have continued her vaccinations and maintained her pet passport.
Would this still qualify now moving from the UAE as being acceptable or would they ban her from coming in as she's from an unlisted 'accepted' country?  Or is it based on where her pet passport was originally issued?

Also, my cat is an indoor and outdoor cat - I know there are snakes etc there.  Are they poisonous or just a pest?

Also does anyone know if there are restrictions on exporting your cat back out of Indonesia to a country such as Singapore or Australia if the pet passport is still kept intact?  I know some countries can be funny about this and I wouldn't want her to be stuck there when i move on again.

Many thanks for your help

Jess

Hi Jess
I have also been trying to findout if I could bring my 2 French Bulldogs with us to Bali from Aust and I keep getting the same thing Bali is not letting any animal in :( I did find this website when I was looking into it
pettravel.com/ I hope they can help you as you are already OS.

I do know but that you will need to do 6mths quarantine coming from a Rabis country to Australia Pet Passport or not..

let me know if you findout an easy way to get your pets in..
Good Luck
Wendi

Hi,
I also did a lot of research to try to bring my cat to Bali from Spain...I would recommed you to contact these two companies:
www.groovy.co.id and www.jakpetz.co.id
they are based in Jakarta and they can help with the process...although the cost might be bit expensive..but you have better check directly with them. In my case I had to bring my cat as cargo from Spain to Jakarta and after the quarantine send to Bali by land...a long way so finally I did not do it.
hope this helps!
cheers

Hi Jess,
Just saw your post. Was wondering if you managed to get your cat to Bali in the end. If yes please lt me know the process.
Thanks
Pumpkin

Please be ensured that the transfer from Jakarta is convenient for your pets.  I've met a couple who had their dog driven by truck from Jakarta to Bali.  As the result, the dog was dehydrated and unhappy when he arrived in Bali

Hi Jess,i can help you, please PM me

IMHO, pets should be left home and not brought to Bali.  Anyone who bothers to research what happened in Australia due to “pet cats” being brought there will understand and appreciate the potential dangers with introducing animals which are not already part of the natural fauna of the environment. 

At the time I first moved to Bali the island was 100% rabies free.  That all changed about 5 or 6 years ago because of a dog brought here from outside of Bali…although to be fair, that dog was brought here from an another island in Indonesia, in the Maluku.   

There are plenty enough suitable pets (cats and dogs)  already here in Bali awaiting “adoption” at any of the three NGO type animals shelters operating here. 

In the original post the question was asked:

“Also, my cat is an indoor and outdoor cat - I know there are snakes etc there.  Are they poisonous or just a pest?”

There are several species of poisonous snakes to be found on Bali:  The spitting and the king cobra, the highly venomous krait, and the green tree viper.  There are also large size constricting pythons to be found in the wild here.     

While of no particular concern to cats, for dogs, who often like to swim in oceans, all sea snakes here are venomous, but generally they are very shy and nasty encounters with them are rare.   

As hard as it will be, leave your pet at home if you move to Bali.  In the end it's highly likely you'll be doing the pet a good deed, as well as Bali.

Yeah, and there are plenty enough suitable kids (male and female)  already here in Bali awaiting “adoption” at any of the three NGO type kids shelters operating here...
I think Ubudian has no pet or no heart...

I'm only heartless when it comes to dimwit foreign expats who think that jumping to conclusions is a form of exercise.

Our pet is a Kintamani dog who loves having wise arse expats for lunch!   :o

I can't see why anywhere in Indonesia needs another cat or dog, they are left to roam and turn feral and then have more cats and dogs that do the same.

Bring it over, but if you do make sure there are vets. Indonesia does not seem to have many vets in my opinion or if it does then it is very secretive about it....

I agree with Ubudian and lukereg on this one.
No importation of pets into Bali or anywhere else for that matter. 

That lovely little moggy who snuggles up to you when you come home and looks so contented sitting on the rug is a killer of local wildlife.

Good on you Ubudian, it continues to amuse me seeing a new member to a forum site, who is also newcomer to another country, -> sebdolb, who immediately jumps to a conclusion and also starts being personal. I don't know what actually this person hopes to achieve by coming to Bali. If the stated country of origin is correct, Belgium, probably she/he has read too many old Belgian colonial romances of the 'glorious' period in the Belgium Congo with numerous slaves doing the household chores. (Of course we all know the catastrophy which occurred in the Congo and continues today, all courtesy of 'Les belgiques')

Selamat Pak De!  :top:

I had a cat once and it was called Cheesy. I wanted to get another and call it Helmet. But Cheesy lost a fight with a 40 tonne truck and that was that.
But imagine the hilarity at the vets when the cats names would have been called out!!!

Ah British humour at its finest/worst

Just to rub it in, this is a joke about 'Les belgiques" :

A Belgian family wants to take their car with them on holiday in England, but their little girl is prone to seasickness, so they decide to make the shortest possible crossing, from Calais.

So they all pile into the car, and they drive, and they drive and they drive until eventually they see a sign saying “Pas de Calais”. So they shrug their shoulders in despair and go home.

Note: Pas-de-Calais is a department in northern France, roughly it means 'the Strait of Dover' the city of Calais lies in this department.