Relocating to Ahmedabad - Advice?

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any advice for finding employment in India, when one is not already located in the city? I'm in the USA and trying to move to India, and I don't even know where to begin. The amount of information available online is both overwhelming and mostly contradictory. Does anyone have any advice, websites, etc?

Thanks so much!

I think Sharell's blog might have some discussion on this:-
http://www.whiteindianhousewife.com/

I remember someone mentioning, if salaried u need to earn minimum $25,000 per annum in India to be eligible for a work visa....

Ahmadabad is among the good cities in India, pretty safe and peaceful crowd. Don't know whtz ur calling but it's better to have something worked out or in progress before u land here ;>

Ditto on Kymadoce's info.  It's better to have that stuff sorted before you come.  Why Ahmedabad?  It might be easier to find work in Delhi, Mumbai or Bangalore depending on your skills.

Hello Laura

India is a land of enormous oppurtunities and intresting ppl
You may need to get a job offer from an indian company and then apply for a work visa.
What kind of employment are you intrested in?

Hi LauraWebber, The best way is to narrow your search to domain and then to the organizations,,,,once done,,,u can apply online,,,,india is a place where source's do action for you,,,,so if u know sum1,,,or sum1 can help u get connected to the companies, then u have won half the battle,,,rest is left on u to invade the interview,,,,, Make friends,,,,there are lot of good people (Like me) *wink* to help others....

Cheers
SUD

[email protected] wrote:

What is your qualification & In which city do you like to settled down? If you are non alcoholic then please concentrate on Gujarat state only ...

haha good one and true! non-alcoholic gujarat state ;) i have family there and will be visiting next week, will be put up in baroda and thats far from ahmedabad i know, yet i am hopeful to catch up and make some new friends :)

Dry state, may be just by name

Dear Laura

Welcome to the forums.

Regarding employment in india and in particular - Ahmedabad.

Its extremely safe and an place with archeological interest and roots.

First i dont know in which field do you seek employment.

Anyhow pl. feel free to visit the following urls for your needs.

primeplacement.org/

ahmedabad.timesjobs.com/

moreover there are numerous and internationally acclaimed placement agencies who can help you out in the employment sector.

pl. feel free to contact for more info.

napatel2007(at)live(dot)com

Laura, are you currently living in Ahmedabad? I am from Chicago and moving there in a few months. Thought we might connect.
Cathy