Need information about a good location to live near Mooca District

Hi ,

I am moving to Sao in 1 week ,can anyone tell me a good location in or around mooca district to live in .

email : [email protected]

Regards
Ayaz uddin

Hello Ayaz,

Móoca isn't the greatest area to live in, but if you look around either in Barra Funda, Perdizes or Santa Cecilia you will probably find something much nicer. It's just a short hop from there by subway to Móoca.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Thanks Williams ,

I would be new to Sao and would be working at Av do Estado ,Mooca District. My salary is 8000 Brazilian Reals .Appreciate if you can guide me with the following .

1) best and safe places to live in Sao and would be easier for me to get a conveyance like bus/metro for my work place .
2) Any Indian grocery store available at Sao .
3) Cost of Living for a single person .

Regards
Ayaz

Hi Ayaz,

Well as far as Indian food, you should be able to find that at the São Paulo Mercado Central (also in Móoca) if not there and you're looking for halal meats etc, then the Pari neighborhood has a couple of halal restaurants and butcher shops. There are some really nice Indian restaurants in Consolação, Gopali Hari, Gadesh and Madhu come to mind.

Single person earning R$8 thousand, you should be doing just fine and be able to bank money too. You will find a small apartment will run around R$1000 - 1500 per month.

Barra Funda and Santa Cecilia would be good for getting to Móoca quickly. I'd steer clear of trying to live any closer than that. You'll find out why once you arrive. Not an area I'd choose to live in. Cost of Living, check out my postings at the top of the first forum page, they have all the info you're going to need.

Anything else you need, just ask. I'm always here to help out.

Cheers,

Thanks Williams .

Information you provided would be of good help during my visit .Appreciate if you can help me with these as well ..

1) Can I get a prepaid sim as soon as I arrive at Sao or is there any procedure to obtain it ?
2) Procedure to get an internet connection and the time taken ?
3) Will Brazil customs will allow me to carry Indian groceries with me or they will take them at Airport ?

Regards
Ayaz Uddin

Hi Ayaz,

1. You can buy a SIM chip for TIM, Oi, Claro or Vivo almost anywhere. As far as I know you will need a CPF number (like a Social Security No.) to register it and activate. Maybe you can get a friend or co-worker to do that.

2. For telephone or internet at home you will need a CPF and proof of address. Electricity might be a problem because they also require a RNE (Registro Nacional de Estrangeiro).

3.  I really can't tell you about the foods at Customs & Immigrations. If it is meat or anything like fresh fruit, vegetables they will probably be confiscated. Generally speaking processed/packaged foods will probably not be a problem.

Cheers,

Thanks William .

Would come back to you if I need more help .

Regards
Ayaz Uddin

Hi Williams ,

I am back with few more questions for you .

As I mentioned in previous posts ,I would working at Av De Estado ,Mooca ,How about living at Vila Marian ,Consalcao or Bela Vista ?

Which one do you suggest would be good in terms of easy conveyance ,cost of living and safety and time saving .

Appreciate in advance .

Regards
Ayaz

Of the neighborhoods you mention, Bela Vista would probably be the least expensive. It is also closer to Moóca, but it isn't on the subway line so that would leave you stuck using just the bus.

Avenida do Estado is very long so it would depend on the exact address how long it would take to get to work from any location.

Cheers,

Hi Williams ,

I would be working near pista central .

Regards
Ayaz

Do you have any idea of the building's street number? Pista central just means "center lane". It does not give a location at all.

Hi William ,

Here is the exact address .

Avenida do Estado ,5533 - Mooca
Sao Paulo
Postal Code 03105 - 000

Let me now your opinion on this .

Regards
Ayaz

Hi Ayaz,

The address where you will be working is about a 10 minute walk from Estação Pedro II (Mêtro - Red Line). From Consolação you'd have to take the Linha Amarela (Yellow Line) to República and transfer to the Red Line there to get to Pedro II. Rents in Consolação can be quite high.

You might want to look for something in Marechal Deodoro, Santa Cecilia, etc., near the Red Line, it will cut down your travel time and rents will be cheaper.

Cheers,

HI DERA WHAT U WANT IN INDIAN FOOD JUST TELL ME THEN I TELL U ADDRESS

Hi Dear ,

Whatever you know you can share with us .This would help many of us .

Regards
Ayaz

@tarundabur -> Can you please lower your caps lock when writing? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

hello dear whynt u want any kind of help then just tell i am live near your work i am live in tatuape and if u want indian all food then one shop have only in paulista sao paulo and if u no want  to go paulista then u go in Sonda Supermercados, this markit here have so more and mooca also have this markit in this markit have all masala what u want all indian packing just no have this markit only  FLOUR if u want then have poor type. and if u want anythink more then just call my phone +5511958401661