Looking for English speaking female friends in Lausanne

Hello group,
My name is Helen and I am from England (near Manchester).  I have one daughter aged 5 months and I have just arrived in Lausanne with my husband, who is originally from Lebanon.  He speaks French, English and Arabic fluently, but unfortunately I only have ‘schoolgirl standard' French, so that's my first challenge.  We are moving here for his work.  We have been living/working abroad for more than 4 years, mainly in the Middle East and Africa.  This is our first period abroad with a baby, so I am keen to make friends for information and support as soon as possible!  I would really love to hear from English speakers (any age or nationality) who can give me any advice on things to do, groups to join or who would like to meet up.  Many thanks! Helen

Hi there, My name is Venislava,i come from Bulgaria and live in Lausanne. I am married and have 1 year old boy. I will be happy to have new friends and to socialize more. I have spare time and can be available:) Hope to hear from u soon. My contacts are Venislava_miteva[at]mail.bg.
Regards

Hey girls!
My name is Estelle and I've just arrived in Switzerland. I'm in Neuchâtel but would love to meet the both of you.
I lived in Ireland for 9 years so miss speaking English.
I don't mind travelling to Lausanne - don't currently have a car but will in about 3 weeks so let's try to organise something?
Take care!

hi my name is Sharyn, im from Australia and i live near Lausanne. I would be very happy to catch up if anyone would like. Please let me know

Hi girls,

My name is Vivica. we can arrange to meet if you like. I am living in Lausanne :) It will be nice to get to know each other.

[moderated; off topic]

Hello ladies, I am staying in Lausanne and would be happy to meet up. My email is [email protected]

Speak soon :)

Hi
I am living close to Morges. Moved over in March. I am a born South African and I have been living in Flemish Belgium since august of 2004.

Hi .... I live near Morges as well. I am from Australia but have been to Sth Africa many times. Would just love to meet some people here!!!!

This is great. Lets plan to meet up.

Would love to. I am available any day. I will try and pm you. I am new to all this haha!!!!

Hi ... I live in lausanne gare, moved here  in August . I have a six month old baby boy ...  Looking for new friends ... I speak english only ... My email is   [email protected] .
Looking forward to hear from you soon....  :-) :-)

Hi I'm Christine, currently residing in the Philippines, just want to have friends here. Love to know more about people in other side of the globe. It's so nice to know you all.

take care
tintin

What a pleasant surprise!!! The first time in ages that I can remember a female member who specifically requests FEMALE friends that hasn't been swamped with messages from men who think she just couldn't possibly live without knowing them or want to hit on her!!!

There's hope for this bunch yet.... LOL

This made my entire day!

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

Hi there,

my first experience on the blog> looks so cozy. plan to move from Monaco to Lausanne soon.

Single mum with son (6 old), belgium passport.

Write to me evryone interested in sports and yoga. would like to meet and have new friends sharing the same interests.

Elena

Hello Elena,

I'm going for yoga classes at Yoga Works in Lausanne every week. You can email me at *** :)

Cheers,
Kat