Cost of Living and Lifestyle in Hyderabad 2012 / 2013

Hello,

I am an IT professional and we (My family) are relocating to Hyderabad from BANGALORE in February 2013. We are pure vegetarians.

This is going to be my first time visit to Hyderabad I am keen to understand Cost of living and lifestyle there. Please let me know the information pertaining to my below queries:

A. How is the COST OF LIVING standards in Hyderabad?

B. I am looking for Multi-storeyed Apartment (2/3-BHK) in and around Hi-Tech City, Banajara/Jubilee Hills etc.
What could be the approximate rent in these locations? Are there accessible amenities nearby? (such as Super-Market, Hospital, Bus-stops, Parks etc)

C. How do you rate Quality of Living Standards there, in terms of Environment/Green Atmosphere, People/Public behavior, Humanity/Kindness elements, Work-Life culture etc. ?

D. In view of Transportation, how good or bad is it? Bus/Auto-rickshaw/Metro-trains (if any)  Is Auto-rickshaw metered?

E. How do you find the basic necessities and their services on Milk/Water/Power supply, availability of maid-servants/helpers, Cable-TV & GAS connection etc?

F. Please let me know about the weather conditions in all seasons

I appreciate your valuable time and patience in answering to my above queries.

Looking forward to hear from you soon,

Truly,
Narasimha
emailmedotfriendatgmaildotcom

you will get everything that you mentioned.Regarding rent in the areas you mentioned,it would be around 12-15k, but if you go to jubilee hills, the rent me creep up.There is no need to worry about food.I'm also a pure vegetarian living in Hyd.Regarding pollution, you cannot avoid that problem as Hyd is loading up with many people,but that is not a big problem to stay in Hyd.have a gd time...tc

it depends on the way you live... but compares to bangalore, cost of living here is much cheaper. you can save lot of money here..
If your work location is Hitech City, then you better chose Gachibowli, KPHB colony these are the best places. You can have access to many super markets, shopping malls, hospitals and parks. KPHB is the biggest developing spot in hyd from several years. Even rents in this place are quite cheaper compared to Bangalore's poor locations.  So dont worry you will have good time here.

The Only Problem I faced In Hyderabad during my short stay was Traffic and Water Logging/Drainage Problems during rains. I dunno if all this has been changed, But I'm talking about 3-4 years back !! Rest all you would almost find the same as B'lore.

Good Luck