Anyone using SAMBA JARIR Taqseet or SAMBA Taqseet?

Well i just heard that with SAMBA JARIR Credit card, you could purchase any gadget from Jarir and pay the total amount on 12 months installment without having to pay anything extra for interest. Anyone have had an experience of it?

Well I was planning for it but then i changed my mind when i was told about the yearly fees :P

and what's the year fees? its for the credit card itself or you are talking about the yearly fees for the taqseet?

adnanhashmi wrote:

Well i just heard that with SAMBA JARIR Credit card, you could purchase any gadget from Jarir and pay the total amount on 12 months installment without having to pay anything extra for interest. Anyone have had an experience of it?

For sure, though it says "no interest" you'll get charged of a fee on-the-spot at the time you make the purchase...(ok, maybe, it'll let you go home first, open the package of the gadget you bought, play with a little time, and then the realization of the fee!) - so then, you're already trapped!

No @Popolocroix. @Fidgety_Soul must be talking about the annual credit card fee.

@TLL, Yes, Fidgety_Soul was talking about the yearly fees...
but my response is to that of Adnanhashmi's inquiry:

Let's say for example he purchased a gadget with SAR 1,200 value, so he expects as per the offer that he will pay the installment as below :

1 month - 100sr
2 month - 100sr
....until the
12month - 100sr, so, the amount 1,200sr is paid...

no interest right? BUT, what I am saying is that ONCE he makes the purchase, the bank might have some hidden charges, like they'll say "taqseet fee of 50sar" - which is quivalent to 4.16% of the amount he paid for. This practice is so common with credit card comp'nies.... :lol: (talking from experience)

adnanhashmi wrote:

Yep, you are absolutely right then. Which card was that (in your experience)?

Was it? :  http://www.samba.com/english/Consumer/H … 01_en.html

:mad: I don't like Samba's Terms... :P
so, i did not get them...Probably, all cards are doing this...SABB, NCB, Riyadhbank, Alinma...

|><|

I found the following point on their website:

Get 0% Taqseet on your purchases in Jarir Bookstore with no fees, no markup.

You can try the purchase, and tell us the experience then ;)

aliweb wrote:

my friend... the Bank charge the shop NOT you ,
they charged them 2.5%

so some shops " small shops " avoid using Visa or mastercard credit cards...

Popolocroix wrote:

@TLL, Yes, Fidgety_Soul was talking about the yearly fees...
but my response is to that of Adnanhashmi's inquiry:

Let's say for example he purchased a gadget with SAR 1,200 value, so he expects as per the offer that he will pay the installment as below :

1 month - 100sr
2 month - 100sr
....until the
12month - 100sr, so, the amount 1,200sr is paid...

no interest right? BUT, what I am saying is that ONCE he makes the purchase, the bank might have some hidden charges, like they'll say "taqseet fee of 50sar" - which is quivalent to 4.16% of the amount he paid for. This practice is so common with credit card comp'nies.... :lol: (talking from experience)

adnanhashmi wrote:

Popolocroix wrote:

You can try the purchase, and tell us the experience then ;)

aliweb wrote:

Can't do it because I am not in Saudia yet :P

If you want to enroll your Credit Jarir Card to Zero (0) TAQSEET? The Big Big and Very Big Problem?! All the Line of Telephone are too busy and never ending busy with Lots Advertising Recorded that will consume long tiumes and will reach a whole days without really happened but will hear "All Line Are Busy"...

A Really Poor Service of this said "Rich Country with a Poor Personnel/Staff".   Now? What would be a good solution??

Any update on this topic? Anyone get to try this Samba CC this year 2015?
Also I tried applying and submitted all the required documents. Anyone have an idea how long are they
going to release the Credit card? Thanks in advance for your reply..

Dear friend please tell me how can I get samba jarir card

Just goto any Samba branch with documents and apply. Ask them how much time it would take. You can follow up your application over phone support as well to know the status.