Internet Provider

Can anyone tell me who is the best internet provider Zuku or Safaricom for Nairobi? Everything I've read about Zuku is negative. Wanting to set up a wireless system at home. Would like advice on reliability and support.

Thanks

Hi

I believe Faiba is the best, but it is only available in few places (Karen, Gigiri, Runda, Nyari etc). I haven't used Zuku so can't comment on that. Safaricom fixed Internet is based on old Wimax technology, and I went with Access Kenya due to better pricing. access kenya has been ok, but its slow as it is based on the same soon obsolete Wimax.

I also use Safaricom 3G, I have a wireless modem at home where I can plug in the dongle. Works well and is quite affordable but speeds depend on signal strength. If you have good 3G signal, it's worth a try. You can get the modem, dongle and prepaid large data bundle from Safaricom but others sell the modems/3G wifi routers too

So there are choices but what's the best depends on where you live

-K

zuku internet is better than others, coz it is provided using fiber, which has high data rate. But when it comes for safaricom or other, it depends on the signal coverage. you can also try JTL. I used ZUKU my experience was good. We could watch movies online without a break. even download movies using internet download manager at 1-2 MBPS rate.

i know someone who does fixing of internet in homes.reliable, fast, wi-fi or any that you may want in your home. if you are interested i hook you with him, feel free to call me (moderated: please use the private message)